Chapter 20 - Burning Memories

I had something important to do. Something very important. It might be very, very useful .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke POV

Naruto didn't come back to class. I saw him run of with Ino to somewhere, God knows where. Ino came back but not Naruto. Even though I should stay out of it, it still worries me about where he ran of to. I didn't listen to our teacher, I still just stared out the window, worrying about Naruto and trying to figure out why he would remember a freaking dog. How can he remember a dog without even remembering the owner? and moreover, a dog over himself? It's pathetic and just doesn't match up, not one bit.

Class ended, and Naruto didn't come back. I decided to leave it for now, thinking that he'll probably come back sooner or later. But it wouldn't hurt to ask Ino about it, would it? Grabbing my supplies, I walked out of the classroom and all the way to my locker. After getting my supplies for next class, I saw Ino walking past me. She didn't have that sad expression anymore. It was a peaceful expression, like all the problems in the world were solved. I grabbed her wrist, with startled her a little.

"Sasuke-kun! What is it?" Her tone was just as confused and shocked as her face was. Why can't I just call people's names instead? "Have you seen Naruto?" My voice was stern, getting right to the point, but she just shook her head. "I talked to him earlier, and then he ran of to somewhere saying that he had something important to do, but he didn't say what" I let go of her wrist and sighed. Although, I wasn't completly satisfied with her answer. I wanted it more detailed.

"What did you talk about?" I didn't mean it, but my voice was hard and stern. It sounded like I was angry or annoyed, even though I was just worried. She took a deep breath as if she was going to tell something big. 

"I, uh... Let me just be honest with you. He asked me why I acted so distant from him, since he actually thought that I was his real girlfriend. I told him everything behind it. And maybe this is a good time to tell you too" She nervously smiled, preparing for the worst. I just looked at her with a serious face, wanting to know exactly everything she was about to tell me.

"I never intended to be his girlfriend. It's like I said to him, I did it to heal his pain. I knew he needed comfort, and as a good friend I decided that I was willing to act like someone who was by his side all the time. I knew it was a mistake from the very beggining, but I didn't really know what to do. I already knew that he could go to you and get all the comfort he desired, but after everything with the memory loss and stuff, I thought it would be a little overwhelming for him to know that you were his boyfriend, and not just his best friend. So, I decided to go along with it, acting like his real girlfriend. But, I told him earlier that it was just an act, and there was no feelings behind it. I told him that I never liked him in that way, only as a dear friend"

So, she never really wanted to be his girlfriend, only pretended to just to heal the strong pain? That makes sense, now that she explained it. She knew that me and Naruto were a couple, and I know that she isn't the kind of person to go around and mess up people's relationships. 

"And I told him about the truth. I told him that you were his actual boyfriend, and that you spoke the truth. And he believed it, since he said that I was the only person he could rely on for the moment. But, I think that he will behave a little better infront of you now. He felt guilty over what he did, and his expression said it all; He is willing to give it a chance and he is going to try and fall in love with you again"

Her face showed no signs of joking, only a smile, a reassuring smile and told the truth. I knew he was going to rely on her, and I'm glad he did. Thanks to him depending on her, she told him the truth and now he's willing to give it a chance for a second time. I didn't smile on the outside, but inside. The hopes I thought had vanished suddenly came back. My heart felt warm, and it's been awhile since it did.