And that man had been one of Daenerys confidantes.

Once or twice she had wanted to ask but then embarrassment was more powerful and she didn't dare.

"Uh," Daenerys muttered softly, calling Dacey's and Irri's attention. But she just chuckled as she rubbed her belly with one hand. "He's moving. I think he doesn't want to go either." Sadness took over her features but she quickly shook her head.

"Is the Ice Dragon flying?" Jaime quipped but Theon pulled the rope wrapped around his hands and the Kingslayer lost his balance. He glared at the ironborn.

"Quiet, Lannister. That's the Queen you're talking about," Theon warned.

Those two were so similar in many aspects, Dacey was frightened. It was like watching the future. Would Theon ever become a new version of Jaime Lannister? Because both were sarcastic and lacked respect for anyone; great fighters but lousy friends to most; both handsome but the Kingslayer, despite his years, had certainly an advantage in that aspect.

"Dacey?" Daenerys called, patting the long neck of her horse. The animal slowed so the two women were side to side.

"Yes?" The tall woman replied. She looked like a mighty warrior on her horse, with her mace hanging from her belt, and a sword across her back. And despite the outfit, she was still graceful and feminine. Her long and dark hair was fluttering around her pale face thanks to the light breeze. "Do you feel well?"

Daenerys chuckled softly. "Robb worries. Do not do so as well. I am fine and so is my child."

Nodding, Dacey kept the peaceful trotting of the horse.

"If I dare to ask you something," Daenerys muttered hesitantly. She waited until Dacey's eyes locked with hers to give more urgency to her words because, by the looks of it, it seemed necessary. "I need you to be my right hand. I know, as soon as we arrive to Winterfell, Maester Luwin will be quite helpful but you are the only one I can trust with weapons."

"Theon is your lord husband's best friend; practically a brother," Dacey murmured, hoping the chirping of the birds above their heads was enough to conceal their words.

"But he is not," Dany replied, tugging at her cloak in a nervous fashion. "And I'm in dire need of people I can trust in. Nothing would please me more than count you among those because I can see honesty in you; the kind of honesty I see in many of the true northerners."

"I swore to protect your husband. I'd be honored to protect his lady wife, as well."

"My friend," Dany said, smiling. "You need to keep an eye on Theon for I think Robb trusts with eyes closed and ears covered."

Eyes widening, Dacey faltered for a moment.

"You thought I was about to ask you to keep an eye on the Kingslayer, were you not?" Daenerys filled the silence. "In some sense, you are right. But I'm not worried about him. He won't find many allies in Winterfell and, what's a lion without his roar?"

Dacey chuckled. "True. You're right."

Pausing, Daenerys sighed heavily. She was incredible at pretending to be fine, but Dacey could tell she was tired if not for the ride, because of the weather that had turned increasingly colder as they moved further into the North.

"We'll find a place for us to spend the night, Dany," Dacey uttered in a soft voice.

At the nickname, the Queen in the North, smiled.

Maybe Dacey had also found an ally and friend. She was thankful for the vote of confidence but also because she was not alone, since she missed her sisters and the bustling life in the camp, where there was always something to do.