Chapter twenty-six : drugged up

First-person pov (zak)

"hia left hand is fractured as well as his left leg, two of his ribs on the left side is broken as well. He's got major abrasion, or scraping, on both his back and torso and right side of his body. His helmet saved his head from major head injury, but as well as the helmet the visor broke and a piece of the plastic went right into his face just about not hitting his eye.

You guys will have to stay here until he's out of surgery, but he will be alright, he's a really lucky man. I'll come get you guys when he's ready for visitors, but the surgery is gonna take a long time so in the meantime, I would suggest going home and instead write your number on this board and we will have someone call you when he's done"

The doctor said handing me the clipboard, even though I wasn't leaving I wrote my number down. The other guys tasked the doctor a few questions while I went straight to the waiting room.

He was so cold..

I kept telling him things that have happened the last two months, like how the first month before we officially moved in, when Adam had the house for himself for the first time while we went on shopping, and Darryl got a frantic call from Adam saying there was a snake in the house, we rushed home faster than fucking sonic just to find out it was a sick, God I haven't seen Darryl laugh that hard since then.

Or when we first moved in, and the first day Tyler almost burns down the kitchen making ramen, like his the hell do you fuck up making ramen?

Or our first kiss, how completely perfect it was, how perfect the snow was falling around us, how perfect I felt. How perfect you looked laying down letting snowflakes get caught in your eyelashes, I had to blink a few times because I couldn't believe you looked that beautiful.

I think I was trying to reassure more to myself you were gonna be okay then I was you, because I knew after talking about Tyler you weren't griping my hand back anymore, though it was faint in the first place I knew when it was gone.

I saw the bullet wound, how it was gone when they rushed you into surgery I don't know, but I knew they are the reason you're stuck where you are now.

I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't hear the footsteps coming over to me, or how the person was saying my name over and over again.

" Zak, please"

I looked up, immediately met by the worried eyes of Isaac. I had cried of everything I had up to this point, even with how much I wanted another tear to run down my cheek, it wouldn't.

I wanted to cry, tell Isaac how scared I was, tell him that I didn't understand, but even with how hard I tried, nothing would come out.

I haven't felt this trapped, trapped in my own body, my emotions, since that hospital night I woke up not knowing where my parents were, not gripping on to the fact I was just told they were gone.

I guess issac saw the look because before I knew it the arms who always felt like home pulled me in a hug, nothing needed to be said because the silence was already talking by itself.

We must have sat there for over twenty minutes until I felt the stress and panic I've been feeling getting to me, I kept telling myself to stay awake, but even with how much I tried escaping it, sleep took me under, letting my head rest like it desperately needed.

zak

Zak

"zak!"

I immediately opened my eyes, sharp white lights blinded me as I tried remembering where I was, like yesterday it all came crashing down like a nightmare coming  to life.

Finally being able to see again I looked up to see Isaac looking down at me with a small tired smile.

" the doctor just came in, Darryl out of surgery he snot wake though yet but we can go see him"

Before realizing I was curled up on Issac's lap I got up which resulted in me kicking Isaac in the nuts on the way up, we both hissed, is sac because that most definitely hurt like a bitch and be because that totally hurt like a bitch.

" a-a little slower next time will you?"

after saying sorry about a thousand times we got out the waiting room and met up with the doctor who led us to the room Darryl was staying in, both me and issav took a deep breath before entering.

The doctor only let two of us go which was me and Issac, and also gave us a heads up that Darryl, when he woke up, was gonna be acting slightly weird because of the pain medication he was on.

Stepping in Darryl was laying on the bed in the corner, his arm and leg both covered by a thick white cast, his upper half completely cover with bandages as well as his legs. His face had new stitches right over his left eye, directly in his eyebrow, as well as some small searches on the rest of his face.

The sight took all my air, and it think Isaac felt the same.

We must have stood there for about a minute before we both snapped out of it and walked over to him, sitting down on the two chairs beside his bed, I getting the one closest.

Me and Isaac had some small talk while we waited for Darryl to wake up.

" Tyler and Michael were being so-" a grown from beside me interrupted Isaac talking about how loud Tyler and Michael had started getting, " stop talking about fucking, not fucking now Isaac" Darryl slurred, both me and Issac we're up standing again, looking down at the drugged up Darryl.

" what you muffins starting at huh? It's not like im the new muffin king calm down"

Both me and Issac broke out into a well-needed laughter by Darryl's nonsense, which only got him to look at us more confused than before, maybe even a little annoyed too.

after we both calmed down I could finally let a smile tug itself on my face, Darryl was okay, drugged up yeah, but he was okay.

___________________________________________

Short and terrible chapter y'all sorry bout that, but he's okay tho, they're all okay, at least for now. Btw I am aware hospital isn't like this, but this is a fanfic, ist not real and so isn't the hospital.

Unedited