Chapter twenty-four : speeding

It's been two weeks since Darryl and zak had gotten together, the couple couldn't be happier with how life was for them. Zak mostly spent his night with Darryl in the master bedroom. the other had seen how zak never stopped smiling, he was just so happy.

Isaac and Adam had finally realised their feelings for each other, but unlike zak and Darryl decided to take things slow.

Through weird things had started caching Darryl's eyes, like how things just seemed strange whenever he went out, how random things would show up on his doorstep. The feeling of being watched again.

He hadn't told the others about his gut feeling telling him to be in guard, he kept it all to himself to not make the others worry.

Zak had started noticing how Darryl seemed jumpier whenever they went out, it how he always looked around like he was searching for something, or someone.

All of the boys had planned on going out to see the new horror movie that just came out on Friday, Adam and Michael we're the ones that suggested they should see the new movie, everybody agreed except Darryl.

His gut was screaming to not let anyone go out that day, and he knew when to listen to his gut.

" not on Friday, we're all staying in that day," Darryl said before any of the boys could protest to him saying no to going out. The room quickly turned quiet as the boys just sat and stared at Darryl, he would never sound that serious if there wasn't something going on, and they all knew that.

" what do you mean 'not on Friday'"  Issac spoke up, breaking the reason filled silence that felt like it got more suffocating by the second. " I said, not on Friday, done" Darryl answered back, his voice wasn't the warm and cosy the boys were used to, it was harsh and almost angry, but if you listen carefully enough you could hear the slight fear within it.

" But why," Adam asked, he himself had started getting worked up, the confusion of why Darryl had just snapped and told them to not go, as well with the fact he was also told he couldn't see the movie he now was all hyped about seeing, got to his head.

Tyler, Michael and zak realised why Darryl wouldn't let them go out, but before they could speak up to shut Isaac and Adam down, Darryls eyes turned from their forest green to the black and red they hadn't missed since the shooting.

Darryl had never let his emotions control his eyes, but something just snapped inside him. The built-up fear and nervousness was just too much for the poor boy, the constant being on guard had taken a toll on him.

the roots of his hair ran black and spread down each hair strand, his fingers turned Into claws. The boys for the first time since that night were terrified of the person in front of them.

Though Zak saw through it all, he saw that what he was feeling wasn't anger like all the others thought, he saw straight through the wall of emotions and saw that he was actually scared, no terrified.

Finally, Darryl snapped back and realised what he was doing, he needed to get out. " just-just please don't go out" was the last thing he said before storming off and down the stairs into the garage.

He had changed the tires of his motorcycle to fit the cold weather outside.

He got his helmet and put it on as well as opening the garage doors, he got on his motorcycle and started, the motor roared to life and he backed out of the garage. The door from the house into the garage opened and he took that as his cue to leave.

He sighed before driving full speed down the road from his house, the snow had non stop fallen since his and Zaks first kiss and it was nearing six feet at some places.