Chapter fifteen : Michael

first-person pov (zak)

I've been thinking about the guys all day, they just looked way too off. It scared me. Isaac and the others planned on meeting around seven-thirty at the new pizza place, I think it was called casa nostra or something.

I and Isaac was on our way home from school, issac was trying to tell me about something but I just couldn't focus, it was like everything he said was just a mix of words put together so that sound like real words you just can't make out what the other person is saying.

" Zak are you even listening to me," Isaac said snapping me back from my thoughts, "yeah sorry, I just can't focus or something. tried to listen to you but every word just blended, you know the deal" I sighed, this used to happen all the time after mom and dad died, just now it didn't happen because of them, which was weird.

" did you find the guys behind you at lunch weird?" I asked before Isaac could respond, I didn't want to talk about mom and dad knowing Isaac was gonna ask if that was the reason I couldn't focus, which in this case actually wasn't for a change.

" what guys" 'of course he didn't know who I was talking about'

" nevermind" I sighed, I guess I just gotta talk to Darryl about it later tonight. The sun was already starting to go down, with winter just around the corner it was already dark by four pm.

We made it back to our house with Isaac talking nonstop while I pretended to listen.

I took off my seatbelt and grabbed my backpack before stepping out the car, I went up to the front door and unlocked it while Isaac locked the car. We both got inside and I locked the door behind Isaac, " we never lock the door when we get home, you okay zak?" Isaac asked looking at me slightly worried. " I think we should just start doing it, you never know when someone finds a liking to your house, man" I answered, but in reality, I didn't even know why I was locking the door in the first place, it just felt right.

Issac looked at me for a second before shrugging, it never hurts to make that a rule anyways so good for us I guess.

I took off my shoes and jacket and walked into the kitchen were Isaac had started making what looked like a salad, I put my backpack by the fridge where we always put them, it makes making lunch for school easier when we don't want to eat cafeteria food.

The clock was about three-thirty which meant that I had a while until I had to get ready. Without saying anything to Isaac I walked out the kitchen and into the living room. Tomato was laying on the couch dreaming about something since she was making noises and moving her paws like she was running.

I smiled down at her before sitting down beside her. Usually, this didn't wake her but it did this time. ' I should probably take her on a walk anyways' I thought before standing up again and getting her leash of her cage.

Tomato immediately jumped off the couch and started jumping over to the first door, " im gonna take tomato in a walk we'll be right back" I yelled out as I put on my black winter jacket, it was really starting to get cold outside, it could snow any moment now with how cold it is.

I connected the leash to her collar and slipped on my black vans and unlocked the door, tomato dragging me out immediately as I opened it. I had my keys with me and locked the door behind me before walking down out driveway.

The cold autumn air felt good, the leaves had all fallen off the trees, the grass was yellow with frost covering the dead strands. Taking a left we walked down the sidewalk lit up by the yellow shining light poles.

The sun still hadn't gone down completely so it was still a little light outside, but it was dark enough that the streets were still lit up by the light poles.