Chapter twenty-one : finally like normal

" The people that shot up the restaurant, they know of me, of my powers, who and what I am. I don't know how they found out but they did, and now they're after me to 'show what happens to my kind' in his words, which means to send me back" Darryl spoke up, he'd stopped crying some time ago unlike me who's tears were still pouring.

My head was on Darryl's chest, my hands gripping his shirt, his arm behind my back holding me close to him.

" why," I asked, why did they want to take him back? Couldn't they see that he's not evil, that he isn't using his powers for the bad but the good?

" im still the devil zak, I am supposed to be In hell, not here" Darryl sighed, ending our conversation there.

We sat in a comfortable silence, finally, after a while, I stopped crying but either of us let go of each other embrace. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket non stop, and it had for about an hour, I knew it was Issac, probably the other guys too, but they knew where to find me if they really wanted too.

" are you hungry?" Darryl asked after about thirty minutes of silence, my stomach answered for me with a growl, sending both into a small laughter.

I and Darryl separated and I couldn't lie when I say I didn't miss being close to him, though Darryl quickly solved that by taking my hand and intertwined our fingers and helped me up from the couch.

I felt my cheeks warm-up as butterflies filled my stomach, I couldn't help but love the way his hand was much bigger than mine, that our hands seemed to fit perfectly together.

I had without thinking stared at our hands blushing like crazy, I looked up at Darryl to see that it was too late and he'd already seen my flustered face smiling down at out hands, smirking he started walking towards the exit of the room, his locked with mine the whole time.

We only broke eye contact when we were halfway up the stairs, which was to me almost tripping from not watching my steps.

We made it to the his beautiful kitchen, it had an Edward twilight vibe to it, just dark brown and with black marble countertops.

" I didn't go grocery shopping before had so I don't have much, but I can make a chicken stir fry if that sound good?" Darryl asked letting go of my hand as he walked over to the fridge.

" that sound amazing" truth is I have no idea what the hell that was, but I like chicken and it sounds good, so why not?

Darryl pulled out chicken breast, squash, onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, spinach and mushrooms.

I helped with washing the mushrooms and cutting them up with half an onion while Darryl seasoned two chicken breasts. I washed and cut the squash and put it in a separate bowl, as well with the chilli, garlic and ginger.

After ten minutes of the chicken breasts marinating in heavy salt and pepper, Darryl turned on the gas stove and put a big pan on top, waiting for the pan to heat up he sent me a smile before adding a good amount of oil into the pan.

Putting the chicken breasts he cocked one side on medium heat for about four minutes then two-three minutes on the other before taking them off the pan and onto a plate where he covered them with aluminium foil.

" could you send me the onion and shrooms?" Darryl asked as he grabbed soya sauce, sesame oil and a lemon.

I grabbed the bowl and walked over to the stove and put the bowl on the counter beside, Darryl returned with the things and out the on the other side of the stove before grabbing the bowl of onion and shrooms and put it in the pan.

Letting that cook until golden he asked me to grab the chilli, ginger and garlic which when I returned with the elements he put in the pan with the other stuff, letting that settle for a little time he asked me to grab the squash and spinach.