Chapter seventeen : frozen

Fuck..

Fuck

FUCK

"GET DOWN"

I was frozen looking at the masked man standing by the entrance, the gun in his hand pointed at the body surrounded by blood laying beneath it.

He just shot that old lady, like it was nothing, like he didn't just take a life.

I stared wide-eyed when whosoever this person was eyes met me, this is when I die, isn't it? Shot in a restaurant by some masked man covers in all black clothing.

I heard it, the sound of another shot, I closed my eyes preparing myself for the pain I was about to feel, maybe he aimed the gun at my head, I was praying he was, I didn't want a slow and painful death.

I waited and waited for what seemed like forever, the bullet seemed like it was taking years to get to me.

I wish I could've said a real goodbye to Isaac, give him a last hug.

I wish I could've said goodbye to Adam, Tyler and Michael.

I wish I could've said goodbye to Darryl.

Please take care of my brother.

I took my last breath, the bullet had to be close now.

I exhaled my last breath, whispering a short goodbye as I welcomed death with open arms.

But the pain never came.

Instead, I felt a hand grab my arm, pulling me downwards.

I opened my eyes in shock and looked at the person who just saved me, but the eyes that stared back at me wasn't human. The white of its eyes was black whilst the iris which was supposed to be brown, blue or green was blood red. It was like I was looking the devil right into the eye.

Fear spiked up my spine looking at whatever this thing was.

'the park'

A voice echoed in my head, Darryl, his eyes I thought were just my mind playing games were staring back at me. 'this ain't real zak' I told myself, but even though how many times I told myself that they wouldn't change.

The sound of more shots was prof enough this wasn't a dream or the last thing I saw before death, this thing, darryl, was really in front of me even with the eyes I didn't recognise, didn't want to think where even real.

I brought myself to look away from the red and back eyes, 'please let them be okay' I prayed as I looked at were Issac and the others were just sitting, but I didn't see what I was expecting to be met by, though I wasn't sure what I was even expecting, I was met by the wide eyes of the people I was praying wasn't dead.

Relief like it was never once shown washed over me, they were okay, I was looking at four alive eyes, though not the green ones I was still praying, weren't the ones I was just locked with.

It was like time stopped, froze, the next moments were like pictures, first I was looking at the wide eyes looking at him, then I was staring right back at them, the next one he was gone.

A man's scream, no not one, there were more.

Four different screams was the thing I heard before the last picture appeared.

I was looking at the four men as each one of their throats were sliced, the blood was overpowering, there was so much. Then there was him, black and red wings were now covering his back, his skin was grey, his brown hair now completely black.

Fire, fire was the word to describe whatever was surrounding him looked like.

The men whose throats were just slashed we're floating, the fire surrounding Darryl was making it's way to them, burning they're skin down to the bone until there was simply nothing but ashes left.

then nothing.

There was nothing but the echoing screams of the four men flowing through my head.

Sirens was the thing getting my vision back, then the policemen yelling to whoever armed to put their hands up and to drop their weapon before a bullet was put in them. What they didn't know was the four piles of ashes right by their feet were just the people they were coming here for.

Darryl was beside me, the green eyes I was missing more than anything was finally looking at me again, not the eyes of the devil.

I think he was talking to me but though his mouth was moving, the sound was gone.

Darryl's face was lit up by a flashlight as the blackness started surrounding my vision.

I crocked out a help before giving in to the darkness.