Chapter twenty-five: sirens

Short chapter! Buts ist important.

First-person pov (Darryl)

Stay awake, say awake. Don't let the darkness get to you, Darryl keep yourself together you need to get up again, get up on your bike don't leave your friends to die, don't. leave. them.

Everything hurt, absolutely everything in my body hurt.

I was laying on my back, I could still hear the motor of my bike running, though it started getting more and more muffled by the second. The snow was falling, some flakes were landing on my face, immediately melting to droplets of water.

Everything was just so cold, each second was like a new wave of freezing air went through my body.

Maybe this was too much for my body to handle.

My eyelids started getting heavier, nothing seemed more pleasing than closing them, letting the almost unbearable sleepiness take over, though I had a feeling if I did I wouldn't be able to open them again.

I wanted to cry, cuss, hit something.

I wish I had my phone so I could call zak, tell him I was sorry, but he wasn't gonna answer was he?

I hadn't realised my eyes were tearing up until a wet stream fell down my face.

Guilt hit me like a truck, I couldn't save them, I. Couldn't. Save, them.

I didn't hold my promise of keeping them safe, keeping him safe. Oh Zak, baby, please forgive me for leaving and not staying there to protect you guys, protect you. I prayed oh I prayed they did it fast, that they weren't still home, holding onto their last breath waiting for me to storm in.

God please welcome them to haven with the same open arms you welcomed me with.

I remember issac telling me you lost all your memory, I remember the pained expression he held when he told me you didn't remember most of your childhood, the only staying was the bad memories.

How you didn't remember Tyler and Michael, because you might not remember it right now but they've been with you all the way baby.

You even at one point lived with them.

Hopefully, all the happy times will come back to you in heaven. I wish I could see you when you meet your parents again, I wish I could be up there with you guys, I wish I could introduce you too momma and pops, though I have a feeling you'll stumble upon them one way or another.

Though I wish I wasn't sent to be the devil, I didn't regret the pain and suffering from becoming him because, in the end, I met you, I met Issac, Tyler, Michael and Adam, and I will forever be grateful for being a part in you guyses life, though I will never forgive myself for being the reason you guys went out.

The tears wouldn't stop running now, I felt a painful sob build up in my chest, but as is my lungs had just given up they wouldn't let it pas, panic soon followed, the realisation that I couldn't breathe crashed down on me.

I tried lighting my arms, or move my legs, but even how hard I tried they still wouldn't move an inch.

So the is really the end huh? My powers couldn't help me this time, as I felt my vision darken I just let it, I let in take me into the darkness, the one thing my body has been screaming me to just let go, close my eyes.

That's when the muffled sound of sirens gave me the strength to not let in just yet.

It was getting closer, and soon I was right by me. That's when I heard four car doors slamming and footsteps running over to me.

" of my God-Darryl please still be here-"

Relief like no other crushed down on me, he was alive, Zak was alive.

I felt a hand touch my face as whimpers from my baby made its way into my ears, the sound made my heart hurt, I wanted nothing but to just pull him in my arms and tell him everything was gonna be okay, but truth is, I wasn't even sure if I could believe myself even though I kept telling myself I was gonna make it.

I somehow managed to take small short breaths though with each I inhale, pain like no the screamed at me to stop, but that started looking like a possibility because with each breath, less and less air filled my lungs.

I heard the other four voices I was dying to hear tell zak that ill be okay, Michael yelling at the paramedic to get here faster.

Before I knew it was I laid out on the stretcher, being loaded into the ambulance with the shaking hand of zak holding my cold one.

I heard Tyler yell to quickly get to the hospital and in his words, " don't let my friend die"

That was the last thing I heard before the darkness once again overcome me.

__________________________.__.__________

If you didn't already realise, the whole " you should've stayed home" bullshit was just a lie, the boys are fine, well except Darryl, but, Tyler, Michael, adam and zak are all fine. Will Darryl make it out? Dun know yet rlly