¹⁶, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter sixteen; Happy Birthday To You
" Today's the big day. "

When Rowan and Bella were children, they would invariably have joint birthday parties in September together

When Rowan and Bella were children, they would invariably have joint birthday parties in September together. For they were almost exactly two years apart in age, separated by only a day. The girls adored having such a coincidence be bestowed upon them, and thought of it as being able to celebrate their birthday two days in a row.

But since Bella moved, Rowan observed the day in a less extravagant manner, spending the day with her coven and only the closest of her peers. Today was different, however, with Rowan's best friend once again residing within the small town. It was the morning of her birthday, and Rowan had already purchased her present weeks beforehand. A set of three crystal charms of which she could use with whatever she wished. She was sure that Bella was going to love them.

"Look what I found." Evelyn said, levitating a dusty box filled with heavy objects to the table. The fine particles of the drop caused Rowan to cough.

Evelyn walked over, sorting through the junk. Rowan didn't find any of the objects interesting, seeing just a bunch of old pictures, jars of materials, and other useless items from years ago. Moments later, her aunt pulled out a pair of matching string bracelets with a smoothed stone trinket on each of them.

"What are those?" Rowan asked, this time obtaining fascination.

"Remember when I told you about the closeness of me and your mother when we were young?" Evelyn asked, handing her one of them. "Here. When Everly and I finally got a grasp on our magic, we went out into the woods, and found a few of nature's materials. Together, we created these. That one's her's."

Rowan looked down at the great detail, attempting to make out the objects within. She could see stone and feel woven pieces of what seemed to be frond.

"Aunt Evelyn, these are stunning." Rowan gaped.

"Well, it's the best two teenagers could do." She chuckled, "Which brings me to my point. Bella's eighteen now, and you're soon to be sixteen. We were just about you're age when we made those. That's why I had an idea."

"What's that?"

"Seeing how close you two are, I want you guys to have them." Evelyn said, "Give her my old one today."

"What?" Rowan said, shaking her head. "You don't have to do that. I already got her a gift too."

"Then I'm asking you. Please take them." Evelyn puled slightly, "Symbolize your strong friendship. You don't know how important someone is until you lose them."