Chapter 3- not so lucky

It has been 2 months since the incident and I've healed a lot, technology is awesome. We have all been a bit paranoid because of the fact that there's someone with murderous intentions around us. We are all trying to make sure that we don't have a repeat of the last 6 months we have been here.

I sigh and go back to my dorm for the night. Even though I want to go home, I don't think I can bring myself to take someone's life for it. The funny thing is that I barely remember anything of my past but I still want to go back to it.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Will this be my life? Paranoid that someone will die, or maybe me? I know if this keeps up even I could be capable of killing someone.

I turn of my lamp and try to fall asleep but I after 2 hours I give up and start working on a drawing. Eventually the morning announcement goes off and I start to go to the cafeteria.

I get there and Misa and Dev are already there.

"Wow Rian you look like crap!" Misa says.

"Ya, I couldn't sleep much last night." I say.

I hear two others enter, Demon and Lawiett.

"Omg it's you guys! I haven't talked to any of you I. A long time!" Demon says.

"That's probably because we've been avoiding you." Misa says.

"ANYWAYS... how have you guys been?" Demon says twirling her pigtail and smiling.

I could see that Dev and Misa were very annoyed.

"We've been doing good, what about you guys?" I say.

"Ugh, so horrible it's so boring I've just been learning dances and stuff." Demon

"I've been better." Lawiett says.

We talk a bit more and Kaori shows up with Miku.

"H-Hi Rian." Kaori says.

I smile at her, I don't understand how she is still shy around me.

"Hi Kaori." I say

"Hello everyone." Miku says

"OH Hi Miku." Lawiett says with a slight blush tinting his face.

Miku only glares at him in response and starts counting us.

"There's only 7 of us here, we are missing 4 people." Miku says.

"Your right." Dev says crossing her arms.

Miku looks at us and I noticed she didn't have her glasses on, I decided not to mention it to her.

"We need to go to everyone's dorms and check on everyone, if there is a body go to the closest people and show them so the announcement goes off." Miku says.

We all nod and start to look through the dorms, we found everyone except Himiko and Roxy. We all meet back at the cafeteria an hour later.

"This could be a double murder..." Miku says.

"That would be an interesting trial." Misa says while sitting on a table.

"You really shouldn't be talking like that." Devito says while scratching the back of his neck and smiling nervously.

"Ya, dude, that like totally makes us worry." Moto says.

"Stfu no one asked rats." Misa says while glaring at them.

"Everyone stop, right now we have 9 people, we need to split up into 3 groups of 3 and look, that way if a group discovers a body the announcement will go off." Miku says.

Everyone pairs up, demon, Miku and Kaori pair up because demon practically dragged Kaori there for 'girl time'.

Devito, Lawiett, and Moto pair up also. So me and Dev pair up.

"I'm only pairing up with you guys because my sweet Himiko isn't here." Misa says and smiles.

"Bold of you to assume we will allow you in our group." Dev says.

"You don't have a choice, don't worry." Misa says and follows us.

We decided to stay on the floor we are on to look since everyone else went to the 2nd and 3rd floors. We didn't find anyone in the arcade or the storage closet. The only place to look now was the pool.

The hallway had its lights back on unlike when I was here. I haven't been back to the hallway since the incident, I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared to go, the last time I was here I almost died after all.

We walk down the hallway and open the pool area. When I got there we saw Roxy floating in the pool, dead and bleeding. She was stabbed in the head with something, I can't see the weapon from where I am.

A body has been discovered.

763 words