90 (Extra): The Light of his Life

Minutes before the kiss. From Marienne's POV.

Marienne's POV:

The alcohol in my system mingled along with the rush of agitation and the pain I was suffering from- they threw me at the edge of a hyperventilation.

My heart beat in melancholy and agony, thrumming like it never did before. The only song that rang that in my ears was the symphony of my shattered being- the play of my cruel fate that bought me here.

I was a being of dark, I belonged within it. Even if I tried to become a better person, my past would always haunt me, mock me and eventually compel me to succumb to the truth.

I did not have any other choice than to surrender myself to the agony of the dark, deadly labyrinth. It resided in me, it devoured my very soul and I was at a point where it couldn't be undone. I belonged from hell and the angel in my arms didn't deserve it.

She was crying, crying in my pain. I tried to reminisce when was the last time when someone had cried for me.

Never.

No one had ever cried for me.

She did. She sympathized with me, her heart pained for me. She was the only one existing.

She was an angel from heaven and I was a devil from hell. She was the calm rain and I was the raging storm. She was not perfect for me. She belonged with someone who was an angel like her.

I loved her.

I loved her so much. My heart palpitated for her, beating only for her. There were millions in this world, but no one was her.

And I loved her enough to let her go.

She should find someone better, leave me alone to rot. She should never get mingled with my cursed life. She deserved the best.

Even if she decided to leave me, it would be okay. At least, she would be in a better place. Usually I was a selfish man, I was dangerous as fuck- but for her I was wiling to be a good person for her. I was wiling to let her be herself.

I was willing to let my angel free.

I will watch over her- forever; just not being with her.

Even if she decided to get with another man.....

I closed my eyes as red hot blood pumped in my veins just as the thought of it. My heart clenched painfully.

I would still watch over her.

My rain was asking me what happened to our hope?

The promises of hope we made together....

She should never lose her hope, even if I lose mine. She should live. She should be happy.

My throat pulsated painfully as I uttered, "I figured out...." It was getting harder to talk with all this bubbling emotions, "I don't have any hopes for myself. Tell me, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?"

I had given up any hope or any motivation.

My eyes went to her fists that were clenched, her face was puffing up in anger. It was something she did when she was ferocious.

I tried to suppress the smile that threatened to break through me. She was so cute.

I was going to miss her.

"I hate my very existence..." Another drop of tear slid down my cheeks, "They were right all along. I should have killed myself when I had the chance-" The dark humor that mantled the situation made a humorless chuckle escape me.