We are the Parents: Part 1

As we descend down the stairs, eyes glided towards us, watching our every move. They probably knew what we did. They just had to. "I don't know how you do this." I frowned, my fingers clasped with his and my body slightly hidden behind him.

"Do what?" Jackson asks, steering me towards a small group of people.

I eye them wearily as we approached. "Just having people staring at you and watching your every move. It's creepy."

He snorts, placing a hand on my back. "You get used to it. After awhile they just became nothing but blank faces in my mind. I see past the expressions and realize that they're all just basically the same person."

His answer kept me thinking as we reached the group. I was familiar with the faces of his members, but there were a few unknown faces mixed in. I looked over the group, until my eyes stopped on a particular recognizable face. "Oh my gosh." I hissed, adverting my gaze quickly as he looked up. I turned, facing away from the group as I pretended to look at the decorations around the banquet hall.

"What's wrong with you?" Jackson stared at me weirdly, as his members tried to get his attention. "What is it?"

"That guy over there." I nodded my head not so discreetly. "The one with dark hair."

Jackson lets out a frustrated sigh. "Baby, the majority of them have dark hair."

I fidget with my fingers, glancing back at him over my shoulder. He was now looking at us. "Shit. He's staring at us. The one with the red suit. Namjoon, right?" I asked as his head swerved back to me.

 Namjoon, right?" I asked as his head swerved back to me

"Yeah, what about him?" He asks cautiously.

"I-i, he's like...like one of my celebrity crushes."

Jackson blinks, face completely still and blank. "Your celebrity crush?" He growls out and I watch as his jaw slightly clenched.

"Yeah, of course. I mean have you seen him." I go to look over my shoulder, only to see him approaching us. "No, he's coming. Do I look okay?"

Jackson's eyes turn into slits not uttering a word, instead he turns at the call of his name.

"Jackson!" A large hand claps his shoulder and I swallow.

Lord, look at those hands, those fingers, those rings. My mother wasn't exaggerating about these pregnancy hormones. I was practically drooling, my face heating up as his eyes swept over me.

"You must be the pretty lady that's been causing quite a commotion. Gabriella?" He asked, my name rolling off his tongue.

I could feel Jackson's cold stare burning the side of my head, so I straighten, wiped my drool, and politely shook his big hand. "Yes, it's nice to meet you. I'm a big fan."

Jackson snorts, rolling his eyes as Namjoon chuckles. "Well it's always a pleasure to meet fans, especially beautiful ones." He winks and I feel Jackson still beside me. "How did you get a girl like her?" He raises a brow in confusion.