It's My Birthday

"It's my birthday, bitches!"

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "You're birthday isn't until tomorrow."

"What are you going to get me, huh?" He bounced his eyebrows with a smirk. "Birthday sex. Birthday sex. Birthday sex. Birthday sex!" He sang.

"Jackson, shut up!" I swat at him, desperately looking around the store to make sure no one heard. "We're in public." I hissed.

Shaking his head, he bumps his shoulder against mine, walking beside me. "That's never stopped us."

I groaned. "Enough sex talk. Grab the strawberries please and anything else that you want." I nod towards the fruit section and watch him skip off like a toddler. I sigh, placing a hand on my belly. "Guess I'll be taking care of two babies."

As I browse the bakery section, waiting for Jackson to return, a cake catches my eye. I leaned closer to the glass to get a better look and I was instantly obsessed. I just had to get it. Taking a quick glance behind my shoulder in caution, I asked the decorator to put some words on it. Jackson returns just as I'm concealing the cake with my sweater. "Got everything?"

"Yes, ma'am." He hummed, placing a kiss on my cheek, before snaking an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him as we walked off.

Thank god I'm not white. My entire face would be completely red.

After that night with Jackson, it's become easier and easier to fall in love with him. Just the simplest actions and words, gave me butterflies. I tried so hard not to beam from just that one small kiss on the cheek.

I ain't no simp.

"Remember our first picnic"? That time we almost got caught by that police officer?" He chuckles, babbling on about that day. He remembered every single little detail, from what I was wearing to what happened shortly after. It genuinely used to surprise me how much Jackson paid close attention to things. It's not too much of a surprise anymore, but sometimes I still get caught off guard, because even I don't remember certain those things. "I forgot to grab something. I'll be back in a few minutes."He ran off and I was so into my thoughts that I didn't even notice a voice calling my name, that wasn't Jackson's.

My brows furrowed in confusion and annoyance as I looked up. It took everything in me to not grab an item from our cart and chuck it at the intruder's head. Why is it that the people you hate the most always seem to find a way to slither back into your life? When we're finished, we're finished. That means I never want to see your face ever again. Why is that so hard to understand?

"Oh...it's you," I said with a bored expression.

"Hey, don't be like that." He reaches out his hand to touch my shoulder and I flinch back instantly. "Gabi..."

"Leave

"Leave. I don't want to talk to you." I go to turn away, but he grabs my wrist. I turn on him with a vicious glare. "Don't have bridesmaids to fuck?" I spat and his grip dropped.