MBIAW - Chapter Seventeen

Saturday, January 4th, 2020

Kina's POV

Thankfully, there is no red carpet. Since we were early arrivers, we were able to get a space close to the venue, which was huge!

"I am starving." This time, Jayce and I walked in front while Dario and David walked behind us.

As we entered the venue, we saw a check-in table. Jayce gave his name. The gentlemen at the check-in table gave Jayce our table number. We were each given a swag bag as we walked over to our table.

The tables inside the dining area are set for ten people. "I can't wait to see who is sitting with us. Can someone pour me a glass of water? After that crazy chick popped my shoulder, it's throbbing in pain."

Dario poured me some water so I could take my pills. More and more athletes and celebrities entered the venue to find their seats.

"Hey, Kina and Dario, it's good to see you again." Graeme took a seat at our table.

"Hi, Graeme. It's good to see you too. Where is Janiyah?"

"She wasn't feeling well this evening. She is seven months pregnant with our daughter."

"Aww, I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations. What is the baby's name?"

"Jacee Ariella Harrison."

"That is a beautiful name. Tell Janiyah I said hello and missed her."

"Thank you. How long are you all staying in Los Angeles?"

"We are staying until next Saturday."

"I'll give you my number. Maybe you all can come over one day for dinner. Call me and let me know."

I opened my contacts, then handed my phone to Graeme. After he put his number in, he gave me my phone back.

"I would like that." Waiters started carrying around trays of wine and appetizers. I couldn't drink the wine because I just took some pain pills.

I began to choke on my water as the man of my dreams sat next to me - Maddox Walker. I am not telling Dario about my fantasies about Maddox. They are pure bliss. Dario began patting my back as everyone stared at me. How embarrassing.

"Sorry, everyone."

"Are you okay?" Mr. 'Dreamboat' Maddox asked.

"I'm fine. It's just that never in a million years did I ever think I would meet one of my favorite players from my favorite team. In case you didn't know, I am a huge fan of yours from New York. My family is too, especially my brothers. I haven't been able to buy one of your jerseys because they sell out like crazy."

"I don't want you to choke. I'm glad you're okay. And, thank you for being a fan. Appreciate the support. Please call me Maddox."

"Oh, I'll call you more than that with your sexy self." I just had to ask, "You can tell me it's none of my business, but how tall are you? I knew you were tall on television, but seeing you up close is a different story."

Jayce was chuckling, and Dario was shaking his head. Maddox answered, "I am six feet and six inches tall."

My goodness, gracious. Maddox is 6'6" of sexiness. Jayce stopped laughing after I kicked his shin. "Ouch! What was that for?"

I mouthed, "P-a-r-t-y." Jayce didn't get the hint. So, I began nodding my head towards Maddox, then repeated what I said. Jayce still didn't get it. Ugh, do I have to do everything?