MBIAW - Chapter Twenty-Four

Wednesday, September 16th, 2020

Kina's POV

We finally put away Natalia's gifts from both baby showers. Natalia received so many gifts. Dario and the guys had to convert part of another bedroom into a walk-in closet for my baby girl.

Thankfully, there are no more baby showers. In exactly one more month, Natalia will finally be here.

Dario and the guys are with Jayce in New York for an event, so my parents are at home with me. We are sitting by the pool, watching my animal kids run around the yard. My dad is grilling jerk chicken, salmon, and jerk shrimp. Yummy!

"Thanks for staying with me, mom and dad. I'm too tired to walk off planes, going from this place to that place, etc. Natalia is very active in my belly."

"You're welcome, Kina. Natalia is acting just like you. You were very active in my belly when I was pregnant with you. She's only following in her mom's footsteps."

"As the saying goes, 'Like mother, like daughter.'"

"Lunch is ready, ladies. I'll go get the rest of the food from the kitchen."

"Thanks, daddy."

My mom made Callaloo, peas and rice, plantains, and Bammy. I'm in heaven. Once my dad came back, he joined us at the table.

Beau, Bentley, and Blaze ran over to where I was sitting, sat by my feet, and started whimpering. My dogs are hilarious! They gave me cute puppy eyes.

"Sorry, babes. Mommy can't give you any of what I am eating."

They sat in the grass the whole time while my parents and I ate our lunch.

"When are Dario, Jayce, and the guys coming home from Chicago?" my mom asked.

"They will be coming home on Saturday. Jayce is filming scenes for a movie that will be coming to theaters in the Spring. The movie is called 'Alive in New Earth.' It's a sci-fi movie. Jayce's name in the movie is Cash Taylor, and he leads a team on a space mission after the discovery of a new planet that is like Earth. Natalia will be born before then, so we can attend the movie."

"Your father and I will go with you so we can babysit Natalia."

"Thanks, mom and dad."

"You're welcome. That is what grandparents are for."

After eating our lunch, my parents told me they would handle the dishes, so I waddled inside the house and walked into the living room. My pups followed behind me. I sure could go for a massage from Dario right now. My lower back is bothering me.

Speaking of Dario, my phone is ringing. I grabbed it out of my pocket to answer it.

"Come si sentono le mie due donne preferite preferite?" (How are my two favorite ladies feeling?)

"Natalia and I are fine but tired. I need a massage because my lower back is bothering me. I have to walk with my hands on my lower back. And, don't you mean two of your favorite ladies? Mama Giorgia would be mad at you."

"No, she wouldn't. When we come home, your massage is a top priority."

"Thanks. How are things in Chicago with Jayce?"

"Things are going well. They have gone so well that filming for the movie will wrap up tomorrow. We'll be back in Chicago the first week of October. Jayce has a party on Friday. We're leaving Chicago Saturday afternoon and will be home in the evening."