MBIAW - Chapter One

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Kina's POV

This man is testing my patience. He was supposed to be here at 2:30 pm. That's what he requested.

We heard the door opening, signaling his highness' appearance. When he saw me standing with the guys, he was furious.

"Why is one of my bodyguards a woman?! When I said the best, I meant men. Wait a minute! You're the one who caused the trouble in Italy! I want you out!"

"Jayce, Ms. Padmore was one of the best, and you never specified if you wanted male or female," His agent said in a frustrated tone.

I put my hands on his desk, and looked in his face. "Look Mr. Rude, your little girlfriend caused the trouble. My sister recorded it. I was the best at the agency, and first female to EVER graduate. I don't particularly care for you either as an actor or your attitude, but it is my duty as your bodyguard to protect you. As a matter of fact, you need me because I certainly don't need you. You don't have to like me, but you sure are going to respect me and listen to me."

His agent spoke again. "She's right, Jayce. She has a waiting list of people, wanting Kina to be their bodyguard. And, I was told by men and women. Kina's teacher put you ahead of the people on the list. That was a pretty hefty list of clients, several well-known actors and actresses were on there. Her teacher is the best bodyguard in the world."

After standing up straight, my hands were now on my hips. This is utter nonsense. "So, what's it going to be Mr. Sterling - me walking out of the door, or me being a part of your bodyguard team?"

This fool sat in his chair and thought about it. I started tapping my feet. "Time is ticking, Mr. Sterling."

"Fine! You can stay, but I certainly don't have to listen to you. You certainly are not the lead bodyguard."

I turned around and looked at the guys. We all stood there and laughed. He was mad, but did I care?

"What part of what your agent said didn't you get? I was the best at the agency. I most certainly am the lead, So, you will listen to me. Now, when do we start? The assignment said you wanted bodyguards around you 24/7. So, we need to start searching the perimeter of your property. And, where are we staying?"

"Steven, do you have any idea how embarrassing it will be when everyone finds out my head bodyguard is a woman?! I will be the joke of the century."

The agent replied back, "You are so close to finding another agent. I'm tired of your act, Mr. Sterling. You said the best, so that is what I got. You are wasting Ms. Padmore's time, and mine. Make up your dang mind already!!! I need a drink!!" The agent stormed off somewhere.

Then in came Barbie - meaning his girlfriend.

"These are the body......."

That was all she said until she saw me.

"What is she doing here?! She caused enough trouble in Italy!!! Get out!!!"

I pulled out my phone, pulled up the video my sister sent to me, and plopped it on his desk. Dario said he showed the media what really happened.

He surprisingly looked at it. He sighed, "Palmira, you clearly started it. And, what did I tell you about starting trouble? Your trouble keeps putting me in the news, and not in a positive way! And, second of all this is my house. I say who stays and goes. Got it?! Now, get out of my sight."

As she stormed out of the room, she purposely brushed my shoulder. The guys started clearing their throats because they know how I am. But, I kept my cool.