MBIAW - Chapter Sixteen

Saturday, December 23rd, 2019

Kina's POV

My security team is coming to my house today. I can't wait to see who is coming. Dario, Jayce, and his dad are fixing lunch while Mama Maddy and I are relaxing by the pool.

"Kina, honey we need to have our boys cook for us like this all the time."

"Mama Maddy, Dario, and I do cook for each other. Dario fixes the best Italian ever, and I fix Jamaican dishes. Since Jayce has been here, he has cooked too. And I have been quite surprised."

"He better be helping you too. That son of mine can be a pain in the butt sometimes, just like his father. But, he is all that we have. My husband and I really are grateful for you being his bodyguard."

"Trust me, I saw the 'pain in the butt' part the first time. But, this time Jayce has been sweet. I believe he feels bad that I was shot. This may sound repetitive, but it's my responsibility to protect him any way I can. If it means getting shot, then I'll do it."

"Jayce has the perfect bodyguard for him."

"Thank you, Mama Maddy."

"Lunch is ready," Jayce came over to say. His mom started clearing her throat.

"Boy, where are your manners? Aren't you going to help us up?"

His mom is a trip! Mama Maddy rolled her eyes as she walked over to the table. After Jayce helped his mom, he helped me stand up from the lounger. "I love my mom, but sometimes she is annoying."

"Jayce, that's parents for you. My parents can be annoying too. But, she's really concerned about you because you are all she has. I know you don't have any siblings, but you can borrow mine. They are just as annoying at times too. But we love each other very much. They will do anything for me, and I will do the same for them. And, think of me as your younger bossy sister. I can be bossy at times, but I do it because I care."

"Okay bossy sister, I understand."

"I'll be back. I need to wash my hands." After Jayce helped me up, I walked inside the house and to the bathroom to wash my hands. Once I finished, I intended to walk back outside, but I heard the doorbell, so I went to answer it.

I looked through the peephole first and screamed with joy. Dario and Jayce must have heard me because they ran into the house.

"Are you okay?"

"Oops, sorry. I'm okay." I opened the door and saw my crew!

"Oh my gosh, get in this house and hug me. I missed having you guys around!" It was David, Mike, Josh, Kevin, and Rick! The guys all hugged me but not tight.

"We missed you too. When Pops called us and told us who we would be working with, there was no doubt about us coming back. Pops already has a replacement for me in Italy," David says.

"We are staying up tonight and catching up. There is plenty of room for everyone to stay here. Dario, Jayce, and his dad just finished fixing lunch, so come join us in the back yard."

******************

Jayce's POV

Now that Kina has her crew, I'll be going back to my house soon. I know it's only been a short time, but I will miss being here. Once I go back home, it will be just me and Nathan.

"Jayce, are you okay? You're sitting outside in the dark on the patio couch." Kina sat down beside me.

"I know it's been a short time, but I'm really going to miss being here at your house when my parents leave. The atmosphere here is totally what I want - full of warmth and happiness."