MBIAW - Chapter Nineteen

Friday, March 27th, 2020

Kina's POV

The moment I stepped out of Dario's SUV, I was mugged by my parents. My mom then squeezed me to death in a bear hug.

"Mommy, now I understand why you were grinning at me back in February. Uh, mommy, I need to breathe."

"Sorry, Kina. Mi gwine bi ah grandma! (I'm going to be a grandma!)" My mom finally let me go.

"The rest of your siblings are flying down tonight. Your grandparents are happy for you and Dario."

"We'll go visit them soon. And, we'll need to fly to Italy too. Let's go inside."

My parents did their 'happy dance' the whole walk inside the house. It was hilarious.

Beau, Bentley, and Blaze ran over to me as we entered the foyer. "Arf! Arf! Arf!"

Oh, boy, we are going to have a house filled with barking dogs and a crying baby. My animal babies followed me into the living room and sat with me in my lap.

"Guess what my precious, little animal babies, you are going to have a sister in six months. Yes, you are."

I called Mike to bring Jayce to the house because we need to chat. They will be over in 15 minutes. My mom came and sat with me on the couch.

"Have you and Dario picked out a name for the baby?

"My daughter's name will be Natalia Chrystyna Ginnetti. Dario let me choose the name. It is a mix of Italian and Jamaican. Natalia is Dario's mom's middle name."

"That's a beautiful name, Kina. You know we are going to spoil her, right?"

"I sure do. We plan to spoil Natalia ourselves."

"What are the dog's names?"

"Bentley is the Yorkie. Blaze is my Golden Doodle. And, Beau is my Husky."

"They are adorable. And, I already know you and Dario talked about your bodyguard duties."

"Yeah, we did. Mike is bringing Jayce over so we can talk about it. I have to do what's best for me and Natalia."

"You're right. I'm sure you are disappointed, but family always comes first. We want you to have a smooth delivery. Your dad and Dario are fixing dinner for everyone."

"Okay. Natalia and I are hungry. I already warned Dario about late-night food trips."

"With each pregnancy, your dad already knew what I wanted. Train Dario early. So, when you have more kids, Dario will already know what to get you."

"Good to know for the future because we are absolutely having more kids."

We heard Mike and Jayce enter the house. Beau, Blaze, and Bentley jumped out of my lap and went barking off.

"Hey Jayce, we need to talk. Have a seat."

"Hi, Mrs. Padmore," Jayce says to my mom.

"I know you didn't just call me Mrs. Padmore," my mom said to Jayce, causing him to be nervous.

My mom and I started laughing. "I'm just teasing you, son. Just call me Mama Tauni like I told you to when we were in Jamaica. Now, where is my hug?"

Jayce hugged my mom, then sat down next to me. "Your mom is not one to play with."

"Trust me Jayce when I say that you will know when my mom is mad. I know and so does my butt. My mom gave me most of the beatings I received as a kid."