The Coffee Date

I was enjoying my sleep when I felt something nudge me. I groaned a bit, shaking the person who nudged me off. After a while, the person nudged me again. I slowly opened one eye to see Dan looking down at me, smiling.

“Whaaaat?” I groaned, wanting to keep sleeping.

“Don’t you have classes today? You should get up,” Dan said, sitting up. I glared at him for a second before closing my eyes, hoping to continue sleeping. I feel Dan nudge me a few more times and I quickly open both eyes to look up at him.

“But I don’t want to,” I groan at him, acting like a little kid. Dan chuckles, patting my head.

“Maybe something special will happen after your classes?” Dan says, which makes me smile. I sit up, giving him a quick kiss before getting out of bed.

“Better be good,” I say, laughing a bit, looking behind me at him.

“Don’t worry about me, go get ready and get to your classes.” I roll my eyes before grabbing some clean clothes and going to the bathroom to get dressed. Once I was dressed I walked into the living room. Tori or Phil are nowhere in the living room or kitchen. They probably went to bed in Tori’s room.

Grabbing my apartment key from the coffee table, I grabbed my AOT jacket from the coat rack and leave the apartment. Locking the front door, I made my way outside and caught the bus to the campus.

A few classes later, the day was over and I was exhausted. I had totally forgotten about a test in my calculus class but somehow was able to get a B. Once the day was over, I got all my stuff in my pack and walked outside to meet Tori. But walking outside, she was nowhere to be seen.

I groaned, pulling out my phone to see if I had any texts or calls from Tori. Checking my notifications, I looked up a bit and saw something. I huge smile crept on my face as my cheeks tinted red. Across the campus courtyard, leaning against the campus gates, was Dan. When I had finally seen him, he smiled and waved me over.

I giggled a bit, running over to him, gripping my pack. As I reached him, I slowed down and tackle-hugged him.

“Well then, hey,” He said, stumbling back a bit as I hugged him.

“Hey. What are you doing here?” I asked as I finished hugging him.

“I said something special might happen after your classes,” Dan said, smirking. I rolled my eyes, giggling.

“Well thank you for meeting me here. Do you know where Tori is?”

“Oh, yeah I saw her a while ago. We talked for a bit then she went on to the apartment.” I laughed.

“So now what?” Dan chuckled, holding his hand out.

“Care for some coffee?” I smile; cheeks flushed and take his hand. We walked, hand in hand, to the same coffee shop. When we reach the coffee shop, Dan goes to get the coffees while I go to the same seat we went to last time. I slid into the seat as Dan walks over, carrying two coffees. He hands me one before sliding into the seat across from me.

“So how were your classes?”

“Meh; Forgot I had a test today but somehow did well without studying.” Dan chuckles.

“That’s great.” I smile, looking down at my coffee. There are a few moments of silence as I lose myself in my thoughts. I pop back into reality when something sets itself on my hand. I look up at Dan.

“You okay?” He asks. I look down to see my hands still holding onto my coffee, now with Dan’s hands on top of them.

“Yeah, just lost myself in my thoughts,” I said, a bit of nervous laughter coming after. A while later, after we had finished our coffees, Dan and I walked back to the apartments. When we finally got to our apartments, we stood there for a while in silence, myself looking down at my shoes.

“So you want to come over or something?” Dan asks and I look up at him.

“Oh, I kind of have homework so… not tonight,” I say, the ending trailing off. Dan nods and hugs me goodbye and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. Then I watch him go, back into his own apartment. I stand there, out in the hallway for a while before loudly sighing. I turn to the wall and lay my forehead against the wall.

“What the hell happened?” I ask myself out loud.