Someone at the Door

Sitting in the back of my modern history class, I doodled in my notes journal, spacing out from what the professor was teaching up in the front of the class. Just as I finished drawing my Neku, the final bell rang out throughout the college classroom.

Students started shuffling out of the classroom as I looked up. Sighing, I set my note journal and class binder in my backpack before slinging my pack over my shoulder and standing up. Walking out of the classroom, I was greeted by my roommate and best friend Tori.

“Hey Maya, glad that classes are over?” she asked me as she walked up, her blondish-brown hair let down, hanging just below her shoulders.

“Fuck yeah I’m glad, you know how hard it is do deal with my modern history class!? It’s so boring!!” Tori laughed and patted my head.

“Bet so. Let’s get going or we will miss the bus back to our apartment,” she said, started towards the main entrance. I quickly caught up as we just caught the bus. We sat down in a seat in the back and Tori pulled out her phone, pulling up Twitter. I looked over her shoulder to see what she was looking at and laughed.

“Stalking AmazingPhil’s twitter, are you?” Tori pushed me away, blushing, and I laughed again. After a 10 minute bus ride, we finally arrived at our apartment building. Tori and I got off and walked into the apartment building where we were greeted by a small hallway with a staircase leading up.

I started up first with Tori following behind me. I quickly ran up the first stair case and quickly got started on the second one. Luckily it was only 2 staircases to the apartment. When I finally reached the top of the 2nd staircase, I turned around to see Tori at the bottom of it.

“Catch up, will ya?” I joked, pulling out our apartment key. Tori rolled her eyes as she got up to the top of the staircase. I unlocked the apartment door and opened it. We were greeted by an empty living room with piles of boxes in the corner. We had only moved in yesterday, started our classes today.

“We really need to finish unpacking; it’s been a few days!” Tori exclaimed, walking into our apartment. I grunted in a reply, walking in and shutting the door behind us. I set my backpack on the couch and walked into the kitchen to get a snack.

Pulling out a bottle of water from the fridge, I walked back to the living room to see Tori was nowhere to be seen. In the distance, I could hear the sound of a door shutting down the hallway.

“Already in her room, is she?” I said to myself, chuckling a bit as I set myself on the couch to get started on homework. While Tori would spend her afternoons on YouTube and such, I actually finished my homework BEFORE retiring in my room.

Setting my water down on the coffee table, I pulled out my biology homework from my backpack and got started. I didn’t get far before the doorbell rang. Before I could get up, Tori bolted down the hallway.

“I’ll get it!” she yelled, running pass me on the couch and towards the front door. I chuckled and got back to my homework. In the background, I heard Tori answer the door. Then I heard her exclaim something before hearing the door slam shut.

Thinking something bad happened, I jumped off the couch and ran over to Tori who had he back against the front door, panting loudly.

“What’s wrong, what happened!?” I asked and Tori smiled big.

“H-He’s out there,” She said and I looked confused at her.

“He? Whose he!?” Tori quickly calmed down and opened the front door again as I peeked over her to see who it is. And I was surprised to see who it was.

AmazingPhil stood outside out front door.