The Next Day

The next morning, I was awoken by my alarm from my phone. I turned off the alarm and fell off my bed at the same time. I groaned, my bangs falling in front of my face.

“I really need to buy a clock,” I said to myself, standing up and wondering over to my closet. I pulled on black shorts, a Fall Out Boy shirt with the sleeves cut off and my black converse before quietly walking to the living room without waking Tori.

Between me and her, I was the only one who had a class this early on a Friday, but I didn’t mind since it was my favorite class; Teaching Education. Anyways, once I made it to the kitchen, I made myself a quick cup of coffee, put it in my favorite coffee cup, and then grabbed my apartment key. I walked out of the apartment, locked the door, and then headed down the stairs to the main door.

Once I was outside, I caught the bus to the college campus and finished my coffee as I made it to the classroom. The actually class was pretty fun but it got better when the class ended around noon and I got a buzz from my phone. I pulled out my phone to see a text from Dan.

Dan: Hey

I smiled seeing his texted and sent him a reply.

Me: Hey

Dan: What’s up?

Me: Just finished my morning class

Dan: Cool – You busy?

Me: No not till the afternoon, y?

Dan: Want to meet up for coffee?

I took a quick look at my empty coffee cup and laughed a bit.

Me: Sure

Dan: Cool – I’ll next you the address and meet ya there

Me: Mkay :)

Once he sent me the address to a coffee shop just a street or 2 down, I got my stuff all in my backpack and headed off the campus to the address he sent me. A little walk later, I saw Dan standing outside the coffee shop. Our gazes met and he smiled.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” He led me inside and I got seated while he got us coffee. When he came back with 2 coffees, he sat in the seat across from me.

“So what class were you in?”

“Oh, just a teaching education class. I’m going for my Education degree.”

“Oh, want to be a teacher, eh?” I chuckled, nodding.

“Have wanted to since a kid. Might move back to the US once I get my degree, I don’t know yet.” He nodded, looking down at his cup. I took a sip of mine and sighed. That’s when my phone buzzed. It was Tori.

“Once second,” I said, getting out of the seat and walking outside to answer.

“Hello?”

“How was your classss?” I heard Tori ask on the other side of the call. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“Fun, how was sleeping?”

“Great. What you up to now?”

“Out for coffee with Dan.” I heard Tori giggle and I rolled my eyes again.

“Shut up, will you. Have you talk to Phil today?”

“Yeah, actually. He’s coming over in a bit since I don’t have classes till 4.”

“Ok. See you after class then?”

“Yep. Have fun with Dan”

“Yeah, yeah have fun with Phil,” I said before hanging up. Chuckling a bit, I made my way back inside and back to the booth with Dan.

“Sorry about that, Tori called me,” I said as I slid back into my seat.

“Oh, that’s okay. She going to hang out with Phil?” I laughed and nodded. He chuckled a bit too. Our chat lasted for at least an hour or 2 before I looked at the time on my phone and realized that my class was going to start soon.

“Crap I got to get back the campus soon,” I exclaimed, looking up at Dan.

“Here, I’ll walk over there with you,” He said and I smiled.

“Okay.” We both get out of our seats and headed back towards the campus. Once we reached the main gate of the campus. I turned to face him.

“Thanks for walking me over here.”

“No problem. Might have to go out for coffee more often. You seem like a pretty cool person, Maya.” I smiled, one of my goofy ones forming on my face, and blushed a bit.

“Yeah, totally.” We stood there awkwardly for a second before hugging. Then he headed on his way and I watched him go for a bit before heading to my class.

2 classes later, I walked over to Tori’s class to meet her. She stood outside the classroom, a bit smile on her face. I laughed a bit, walking over to her.

“What do you seem so excited for?” I asked.

“Dan and Phil are coming over tonight for dinner!” I broke into laughter before calming down.

“Tori, it’s been 1 day since we met them. Is this really happening?” She nodded, taking my arm and dragging me toward the entrance gate.

“Just come on, we need to catch the bus.” I rolled my eyes, letting myself be dragged by her all the way to the bus.