十六 | 𝟏𝟔𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

Start from the beginning

"Boss, don't you think she's a bit young to be working here?" Someone perked up, raising their hand as their manager smiled.

"It's fine! She explained to me the details and I even got a parent permission slip! She should be fine," she answered, letting the rest of the group stare at you.

Isobe placed down her tray, coming closer to get a good look at you as the employees crowded around you. She stared at your figure, seeing your (s/c) skin shine underneath the lights. You had much shorter (h/c) hair that was slightly messy and choppy but you had this innocent charm to you. You looked like you were only a middle schooler so you were only one or two years younger than her. She pressed her lips together as she waved at you, trying to catch your attention. You turned your head from her, avoiding everyone's gaze as your manager explained to you the ins and outs of the rules. Isobe's hand dropped to her side, her frown deepening.

You've changed. . .

. . . "Goodmorning (L/n)-san!" Isobe called out to you, waving at you from behind the counter as you entered the store. You tilted your head up at her for a moment before drawing your head down, your eyes darting away from her. She watched as you nod quietly, moving towards the staff-only room to get dressed. This was the seventh time she had attempted to make contact with you but you constantly avoided her. She wondered if she did something wrong that you've taken as a grudge.

Did you not like anyone here? There were so many people trying to talk to you but no matter how hard they try to get closer to you, you pull yourself away. Did you think you were better than everyone else here? Were you looking down at them for working at such a low-end job? Isobe bit the bottom of her lips as she watched you exit the staff-only room, your dull (e/c) eyes looking towards the windows. Your still choppy hair flowed slightly with the air condition, the ends of it covered with splits. Even though she invited you to join them for karaoke, you refused her with a slightly rude response. You rarely accepted their invitations to go out and eat for their achievements. You favored staring blankly out the window until your shift ended. She felt so distant from you despite working in the same job as you.

She turned her head away from you, her fists squeezing themselves into a ball.

She wondered if something had happened for you to make such changes. Isobe wiped her hand with a clean towel, watching as you quickly exited the store. Her eyes softened. Her lips drew themselves a faint smile when you glanced back at the store. She waved at you, seeing you flinch slightly as you nervously waved back.

. . . How much more until you change without her knowing?

· ✦─────── ☾ ───────✦ ·

You brushed through your (h/c) hair, letting it frame your face as you slowly walked through the crowds. As you saw a variety of people laughing and carrying shopping bags together, you wondered if you could look as carefree as they did by Tohru and Yuki's side. They had such bright smiles that expressed their happiness while they laughed together, you watched as the group passed by you. You were too distracted by them that you had failed to notice the girl you accidentally walked into.

You felt her crash into you and you instinctively grabbed onto her shoulders to stabilize her balance. You heard the sound of her bag dropping to the ground as her belongings scattered across the floor. You quickly looked down at the light-grey-haired girl with a worried expression.

"Sorry!" You apologized as you watched her silently pick up her things from the ground. You quickly crouched down and began to help her, cursing at yourself for your ignorance. As you picked up her belongings, you noticed a lot of what was in her bag was ordinary house supplies, like bottle openers and hairbrushes. You tilted your head in confusion as you picked up a small charm. It was only the size of your pinky and it had a mixed shade of pink and purple on its ears. As you squinted your eyes to examine the object, it looked like the Mogeta character from the series.