Chapter 43

Today...the day I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. My gold curls shined bright with my air bender crown across my forehead and an air nomad choker/necklace. My engagement ring and veil. My cape blended with my dress and my laced sandals. I smiled and looked at myself in the mirror as the girls stood behind me in their dresses.

    "You look beautiful Eve." Katara and Suki said. Toph wasn't wearing a dress she was wearing her normal clothes just in air nomad colors. I had asked Bumi to walk me down the isle but he said I didn't need to be out shined so Iroh was instead.

     "As beautiful as a flower." Iroh said coming in grabbing both my hands. "I'm glad you're letting me walk you down the isle." I smiled and hugged him.

    "Although I don't know you as well as everyone else I'd be lucky to have you walk me down the isle." I said with a soft smile. I checked over the girls one last time. Katara, Toph, Ty Lee and now Azula, since Suki didn't come.

       (Bridesmaids dress)

       (Bridesmaids dress)

    "Are you ready?" Katara asked. I nodded with a smile. I took a deep breath as the girls left the room one by one. Aang was facing away from me, as to wait until the very last second to see me. I smiled softly as I began walking down the isle to the sound of the wind chimes. I looked to Iroh showing my pure nervousness he smiled and nodded reassuring me.

    13 getting married to finish what I'm supposed to do as Ai. With a four year old son. Zuko looked towards me from beside Aang and gasped softly. I saw Aang tense slightly.

    When I finally got to him he turned to bow to Iroh with a smile but froze on me. He bowed still looking at me and his eyes bulged. I smiled and took Aang's hand before we stepped up further kneeling down to light the candles slowly as Fire Nation. We stood and our actions mirrored each other as we went through all of the traditions.

     After Fire was Air then Water then Earth. We moved the wind chimes in our movements before we rested glancing to each other bringing up a globule of water around us before swirling it around ourself putting it back into the bowls. And finally Earth. We sat on our knees on the ground bowing with our noses on the ground. We lifted up sending a small rumble through the ground.

   "Avatar Aang and Ai Evangelical. You've completed the element bending traditions." Zuko started. I was flustered and slightly out of breath. "Turn to face each other, please." I turn and look to Aang with a blush and smile his eyes stayed glued to my face. "Repeat after me..." I tuned them out already knowing what to say.

    "I, Avatar Aang take thee, Ai/ Princess Evangelical,  to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to the Monk's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith." I blushed deeply at his words as we held hands we ignored everyone else.