Chapter 21: Bitter Work

I was leaning against Aang tiredly and he just excitedly fidgeted around. I felt his hand on my forehead.

    "Today's the day!" He jumps away from me and lands near a sleeping Sokka. "Can you believe it? After all that time searching for a teacher, I'm finally starting earthbending!" Momo chitters and lands on Sokka. I noticed Nani getting fat...I'm assuming she and Momo must be doing the dirty.  Especially with the timing. "And this place," Momo moves on to Appa's head, next to Nani. "it's perfect, don't you think? Sokka?" Sokka grumbles and glares at Aang with tired eyes. "Oh, you're still sleeping, huh?" Sokka again grumbles and puts his head back down. Aang whispers. "Sorry."

     "Aang I think Nani is pregnant." I said as he wondered back to me. His eyes widened and he looked up at her pat her round belly.

     "Explains a lot actually." I snorted and he kissed my head. I felt his hand brush my stomach slowly and then move around my waist.

     The ground shakes, causing Aang to turn to look toward the source of the rumbling. I sigh and look to Toph's earth tent, the slabs of which are tossed in every direction mere moments after. As the dust clears, Toph is standing in the middle with her left hand raised in the air.

"Goooood morning," She puts both her hands on her hips. "earthbending students!" Sokka, still sleeping and curled up within his sleeping bag with Aang standing at his feet holding me, and Katara, who is sitting upright in her own sleeping bag. Toph walks over to them.

"Good morning, Sifu Toph."

"Hey, you never called me Sifu Katara." Katara said sadly.

"Well, if you think I should ..." Aang scratches the back of his neck. Sokka suddenly sits up, grumbling at Aang. Aang, who looks down in wonder, and I just flick my wrist sending a harsh wind gust at Sokka and Toph, who has a smile on her face.

"Sorry, Snoozles, we'll do our earthbending as" Toph whispers slightly, though with amusement in her voice. "quietly as we can."Toph she slams her left heel into the ground, creating a crack. An earth pillar rises up right underneath Sokka, catapulting him screaming into the air.

     After he has flown Katara stands and joins us while Aang in looking toward the sky. Sokka crashes to the ground in their middle with a loud thud. He immediately jumps to his feet, still in his sleeping bag with only his head visible, and hops toward Aang while grumbling. He stops in front of me and him and grumbles to his face, before jumping toward Toph and doing the same to her. He subsequently hops away still grumbling angrily. Everyone else turns to watch him go. I giggle.

     Toph stares in the direction of Sokka with her hands to her sides. Aang had jumped up and now softly lands beside her.

"So what move are you going to teach me first?" Aang stretches out his right arm, his fist clenched, and brings it down like a hammer. "Rock-a-lanche?"He brings his left clenched fist to his right elbow, while his right arm is bent upward, the fist also clenched. He trembles with the motion. "The Trembler? Oh, maybe I could learn to make a" Stretches both arms over his head and starts to spin around. "whirlpool out of land!" I put my hand on his chest lightly and smile softly.

"Let's start with move a rock." Tong says making a gesture with her hand.

    "Sounds good!" He said and I smiled softly and he rubbed my arrow again. "For good luck." I snort and kiss his cheek.

   Toph and Aang are standing in front of two rocks as Katara and I watch. I smiled he's so cute.

"The key to earthbending is your stance. You've got to be steady and strong. Rock is a stubborn element. If you're going to move it, you've got to be like a rock yourself."