Chapter 39: The Southern Raiders

*Aang's POV*

   2 full weeks. Without hearing her laugh. Her voice. Without seeing her blue eyes sparkle. Her smile. Without feeling her wings flutter. Her temperature had gone down. I miss my Ai...

The comet was end of week and I don't feel ready. I need her to wake up. I sighed as Talen and Katara came in. Talen hasn't spoken to anyone unless it was to get Eve something. Katara had healed the broken ribs and the bruise. But she continued to heal in hopes she'd wake up faster.

Our birthday is the day before the comet. I want to spend it with her. Especially when she sees she's no longer pregnant. I know how she feels because we both want to fix the entire air nation, but we're to young. We have Talen. She just needs to wake up.

     "Aang?" Katara asked. "You need to eat. Talen brought some apples." I looked up and grabbed an apple.

    "Hey guys, we have a problem." Sokka said. "Azula is here." My eyes wondered to Eve's face. I sighed and picked her up, feeling the sparks and tingles coming back. I ran out with Talen putting them on Appa.

uses his glider to airbend the bomb away. Cuts to overhead shot of the temple as the bomb explodes. Two more bombs pelt the building. Cuts to campsite, where everyone is now fully awake.

      *Eve's POV*

      My eyes snap open as my senses tell me everyone's in danger. I sat up to see Aang, as he races toward the edge of the building, glider in hand. A Fire Nation airship comes into view, which launches another bomb that sails through the air and crashes into a nearby bridge. I watch as Aang runs back to the campsite, Appa following close behind. I stand up and use my airbending to force the large, ceiling-high metal doors surrounding their site to close. Aang looks to me and smiles just as several bombs continue to assail the temple. A portion of the ceiling roof begins to crumble and finally caves in. I see Katara standing directly beneath the crumbling ceiling. She looks up, alarmed, only to be pushed out of the way by Zuko.

"Watch out!" I watch the two as they roll across the floor, the debris from the ceiling crashing several feet away from them. They finally settle on the ground. I suddenly felt very weak and sink back to the saddle seeing Talen smiling widely.

"What are you doing?" Katara says to Zuko with a bright red blush.

"Keeping rocks from crushing you." He said.

"Okay, I'm not crushed. You can get off me now!" Katara blushes harder rushes out from under Zuko.

"I'll take that as a thank you." He mutters and Toph and Haru, who have created the exit way using earthbending.

"Come on! We can get out through here!" I watch as everyone begins entering the passageway. Aang stays behind, trying to get Appa to leave with him by pulling on the bison's reins. He looks to me and I shook my head.

"What are you doing?" Aang says to Zuko.

"Go ahead! I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit." Zuko runs off.

"ZUKO! No!" I yell opening my wings helping him onto the airship.

    "What are you doing here?" He asks her.

"You mean it's not obvious yet? I am about to celebrate becoming an only child!" My eyes widen and I look to Zuko he shakes his head at me, just as Azula sends a kick of flames at him.

    I see Appa fly through to the outside of the temple, covered by a shield of rock in front. Azula tries to bring him down, only for the shield to absorb the blasts. Appa escapes and the shield disintegrates. Behind Azula, a second airship rises, revealing Zuko survived his fall by getting onto another airship.