Chapter 11: Imprisoned and Death in The Family

"Eve wake up! Haru's been taken." I looked around and notice Aang wasn't near me anymore. I glare at her and stand up.

"That's my problem how? He's your boyfriend Katara." I said standing up. She blushed and then grabbed my arm pulling me over to the boys. I leaned against Sokka seeing Aang had his hands full. Sokka was like that annoying older brother I wish I had.

"So, what exactly happened?" Aang asks putting the animals and the bowl of food down.

"The old man turned him in to the Fire Nation - it's all my fault - I forced him into earthbending!" I was so lost but just raised an eyebrow, Sokka moves away and goes to his sister.

    "Slow down, Katara. When did this happen?" He our his hand on her back.

    "Haru's mother said they came for him at midnight." I felt arms wrap around my waist and I looked up at my boyfriend smiling softly he didn't notice.

    "We don't need to track him. The Fire Nation is going to take me right to Haru." I look away from Aang at Katara's statement and facepalmed.

    "And ... why would they do that?" I said.

    "Because they're going to arrest me for earthbending." Aang and Sokka share a horrified look. Does she not know she's a water bender? I snorted and shrugged.

As I watch Sokka and Katara working together to push a boulder overtop an air vent on a rocky road. I saw a butterfly go back and forth as he shoots small puffs at air. I gently drag my nails along his arrow.

    "I thought you were crazy at first, Katara, but this might work. There are ventilation shafts throughout these mines. All Aang has to do is send an air current from that vent to this one right here. The boulder levitates and ta-da! Fake earthbending." I made it very clear I was not helping her get arrested.

    "Aang? Did you get all that" Aang was still snapping small puffs of air at a sooty copper fritillary butterfly.

"Sure, sure. I got it."

    "Do you remember your cue?"

     "Yeah, yeah. Just relax. You're taking all the fun out of this."

     "By this, do you mean intentionally being captured by a group of ruthless firebenders?"

    "Exactly! That's fun stuff!" I giggle softly.

    "Here they come! Get in your places!" Sokka says noticing the fire benders walking this way. I sat next to Aang as he stops playing with the butterfly. Momo and Nani tries catching it as it flies away. As the group of spear-wielding guards approach, Katara and Sokka make a show of walking into one another by their stomachs before emphatically shouting.

    "Get out of my way, pipsqueak!"
The soldiers watch in confusion. One of them even raises an eyebrow.

    "How dare you call me pipsqueak, you giant-eared cretin!"

    "What did you call me?"

    "A giant-eared cretin! Look at those things! Do herds of animals use them for shade?!" Katara imitates an elephant's ears.

    "You better back off!" He leans closer and whispers "Seriously, back off."

    "I will not back off! I bet elephants get together and make fun of how large your ears are!" I held in my laughter at her over dramatic actions.

"That's it! You're going down!" Sokka screamed.

    "I'll show you who's boss!" She angrily points at Sokka. "Earthbending style!" She over-dramatically leaps toward the boulder, clenching her fist upward to which there is no reaction. "I said, earthbending style!" At Katara's shout, Aang gasps quietly as he realizes his mistake by missing his cue. The young airbender ceases playing with the butterfly, leaps up, and blasts a strong jet of air into the ventilation duct, suddenly sending the boulder levitating into the air. This reveals Momo behind the boulder, who has his arms raised, licking himself.
    "That lemur! He's earthbending!" The guard points at Momo and I facepalm and it looks like Nani followed my action.