Chapter 20: The Chase.

"Hey! You guys picked a great campsite." Toph says we all direct everyone's attention to her. She wriggles her toes in the thick mat of fur covering the ground around the bison. "The grass is so soft."

    "That's not grass. Appa's shedding." I giggled

    "Oh, gross!" Aang was sitting on Appa, a bluebird perched on his head and a yellow butterfly fluttering past. Momo jumps up in an attempt to catch the butterfly.

    "That's not gross, it's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa gets a new coat." Aang said.

    "Ah, the beauty of spring." Appa, who had currently been grooming himself, sneezes, releasing a thick cloud of fur.

    "Stop! Appa, stop! Ugh!" Kat says waving her arms about as she gets covered in fur. Alana lets out a snort like she's laughing and I rub her snout.

    "It's not that bad, Katara." Sokka turns to reveal a wig made of fur. "It makes a great wig!"

    "And a great beard!" A bearded Aang and Sokka laugh while pointing at each other. Aang would like amazing with a little beard.

    "I'm just glad we finally have another girl in the group, because you two are disgusting." I sigh and went over to Aang.

    "Excuse me, does anyone have a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!" Toph raises her arms, revealing that she had stuffed fur in her sleeves. We laugh; Aang sneezes, sending himself and me flying backward. The big sneeze causes us to crash against Appa's leg and for fur to blow off our friends and us. The impact leaves some fur on our back.

They continue to laugh joyfully, causing Katara to chuckle slightly. Later in the evening where the group is setting up camp. Aang sets up the tent while Sokka throws down a pile of firewood he collected. I light the fire and fly up to collect fruits from trees. Katara, who spends her time stirring around water in a pot, notices Toph slumped lazily against a rock, chewing a piece of wheat. She approaches her.

    "So Toph, usually when setting up camp, we try to divide up the work."

    "Hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go." I bit my lip and went to Aang with the bag of fruits.

    "Well, actually what I'm trying to say is," Katara holds her arms out in gesture. "some of us might fetch water, while someone else might set up the fire pit, or put up the tent." Momo flies over to her to me, dropping several berries he had collected into the bag I just gave Aang. "Even Momo does his fair share." Katara watched us and Aang went and sliced the fruit making bowls of food for the animals and us. I stretched my wings as I finished the tent then went and stirred Katara's pot.

"Katara, I'm fine. I can carry my own weight. I don't need a fire," I listened to Toph as she pats her bag. "I've already collected my own food and look," She earthbends a rock tent over herself. "my tent's all set up."

    "Well, that's great for you, but we still need to finish -"

    "I don't understand what's the problem here!"

    "Never mind." Katara walks back to the pot where I stood and huffed. Toph earthbends herself into her tent.

Later that day, set up continues. Standing on top of Appa, Aang uses airbending to lift the saddle. He mistakenly causes it to land directly on top of Sokka, who had been standing on the ground beside the bison. I was blowing away all the excess fur and giggling.

    "Sorry!" Aang jumps down, landing onto the ground to aid Sokka. I look over at Katara, who sets down a jug of water. She looks over at Toph, sitting comfortably beneath her earth tent. Her dull expression changes to one of slight happiness. She approaches Toph who is eating some sort of food item.