Jimminie 👄 :
Thank you girlyyy
You're the best ;)

About a second later I got a text from Jungkook.

Jungkook :/
Pick up the phone y/n.

I didn't really bother replying to him, and I just waited for him to call me again. Which he did about a second later, and I answered walking into my room. I paced around the room as I listened to the other side of the phone come to life.

"Hey y/n, I have something for you to do."

I knew it was some stupid task. I never should've listened to Jimin. I dryly replied to him,"Oh? What is it this time?"

He seemed like he was out of breath, and panicking like Jimin had said, so maybe he wasn't completely lying.
"Tomorrow, my family is having a dinner with their friends and my own friends. Here's the thing, I need you to come as well."

I was so shocked that I didn't hold back when I questioned him,"What?! Jungkook I don't even know you and your friends parents."

He sighed on the other side,"Just listen, here's the catch. I may or may not have told my parents that you're my girlfriend. They may not be huge fans of you but they're forcing me to make you come over as well."

"Well if you don't want this either, then why don't you just find an excuse for me? You got into this mess in the first place, not me." Why would he tell his parents that I'm his girlfriend?

He seemed like he was about to faint from all the heavy breathing,"Ahhh y/n! Just listen to me please! ... I can't. Our parents are usually away a lot of the time, so when their calendars do match free time they always have these dinners. And they're fancy and really important. I can't have you embarrassing me by not even coming."

I closed my eyes and thought about it. Then I remembered what Taehyung and Jimin told me about their parents and their weird obsession with trying to impress one another. I felt a little guilty for Jungkook, especially with the way he was panicking like that. I knew first hand, how it felt to be terrified like that, and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Which was ironically, Jungkook.

"Um okay I'll come."

"It's nice of you to think I was asking."

"What time is it tomorrow?"

"Taehyung said he can pick you up from your house and bring you here at around 8. Wear something formal ... and not slutty. Try to impress them, I need this to go well."

I angrily breathed out a final reply,"Okay." Then I hung up quickly before he could say anything. It's like he didn't even hear himself sometimes. He could say such nice things and horrific things in the same sentence and he wouldn't even realise.

The rest of the night Taehyung and Jimin kept trying to call me or text me to see how it went, but I didn't bother checking or replying. I didn't bother doing anything that night. I just lay in bed, in the dark with the window open so I could breathe a little.
While I lay there, I closed my eyes to just think of nothing, and be blank for a moment. So much had happened since Jungkook confessed to me, and partly I began to feel as if everything I was going through was my own fault.
Maybe I shouldn't have existed, I thought.

I was brought out of my relaxed state when I felt something light fall on my face. I picked it up and marvelled at what it was. It was an old picture I had of my mother- I had stuck it on my ceiling years ago so I could look at it and feel comfort whenever I felt down.
Lately I had been feeling down too much, and this was just what I needed.