chapter 19: the bowling alley

"JACK! ZACH!"

The two boys turn to see Daniel frantically waving at them from the corner of Starbucks.

"Over here!", he yelled.

Corbyn and Jonah were sipping their coffees and Jonah had his arm around Eben.

Jack and Zach waddled over to them, trying not to hit anyone on the way.

Zach greeted them enthusiastically. "Hey guys! hi Eben!"

"Hi!" Eben answered.

Jonah put down his coffee gently. "What do you guys want to do today?"

Jack shrugged. "I don't know.. maybe watch a movie? Anything is fine to me, I just wanted to hang out with you guys"

"Oh, oh! We can go watch a movie and then play bowling? I remember seeing a bowling alley!", Daniel suggested.

"We can go to the arcade too!", Corbyn pipped up.

They all agreed.

♡♡♡

"The movie was great!", Eben exclaimed.

Zach agreed excitedly. "yes it was! when the Dragon nearly bit the soldiers head off, I almost screamed!"

"I'm pretty sure you DID scream babe", Jack nudged Zach teasingly.

Zach blushed. "shut up Jack"

The rest just laughed as they walked to the bowling alley.

"Why dont you guys go ahead and get us seats?", Jonah suggested. "Jack, Corbyn and I will pay for the fees first. You guys can go get snacks or something"

"Yeah sure!", Daniel replied, pulling Zach and Eben to the snack bar, " I'm starving"

"but you ate a large bucket of popcorn!", Eben cried out.

Daniel waved dismissively at him, "that was just a snack, now I need a meal"

The three boys' voices faded away eventually and when they were out of sight, Jonah turned to them.

"So.. have you done it?" Jonah whispered.

Jack was confused. "What?"

"he means the promposal", Corbyn whispered back.

--flashback--

"Good morning everyone, may I have your attention please?"

Mrs Jamie's voice was full of static and sounded distant.

"man, they really need to update those speakers", Jack thought.

The speakers in Jack's classroom spoke again.

"As you all know, we are getting close to our holidays, which means our annual year end dances are coming up. details will be posted by the school committee at around 12pm today. Do check it out when you're free. have a great day everyone".

T

here was a scratch of static then silence. Students began murmuring excitedly.

His teacher tapped the desk to get everyone's attention. "Alright class, simmer down. You can talk about this later. Right now it's Geography"

--end of flashback--

"

No, not yet", replied Jack mournfully.

"I'm going to ask Daniel later", Corbyn whispered excitedly.

"Oh my gods! Good luck man!"

"Thank you!"

Jonah interrupted them. "We need to go back to them, they'll probably be wondering what's taking us so long".

Corbyn was shaking. Either with fear or excitement, Jack was not sure but nevertheless, he patted his back.

"You can do it", Jack reassured him with a smile. "He'll definitely say yes!"

Corbyn smiled weakly. "Thank you Jack"

"Jonah, Corbyn, Jack! Over here!", someone yelled.

The three spotted Eben calling out to them and went up to him.

"Yay you're back!", Zach cheered as he ran to hug his boyfriend. "Lets start the game!"

The boys had only played a few rounds when suddenly, the room became dark. The funky music before was replaced with a slow, love song and pink lights lit up the dim room.

"What's going on?", Daniel asked, looking around confused. All of a sudden, balloons rained down on him, causing him to nearly shriek in fright.

One last blue balloon drifted down slowly and bonked Daniel on the head. He caught it.

The balloon had an O on it.

Daniel still looked confused. "What is this?"

Jonah and Jack had pulled their boyfriends aside to let them know about the promposal.

"I think you should check the other balloons", Eben pipped up.

Daniel grabbed another balloon. This time it had a M on it.

Again and again, he grabbed every balloon near him. It spelt out "PROM?"

Daniel gaped. Corbyn stood sheepishly in front of him and cleared his throat.

He pulled out a bouquet of flowers. "Uhm.. Daniel Seavey, would you like to go to prom with me?"

Everyone in the bowling alley was looking at the pair. A spotlight was even shining on them.

"YES!", Daniel shrieked and flung himself to his boyfriend. The entire bowling alley erupted with cheers and claps but the pair didn't hear a single thing.

Arms still around Daniel, he pecked him on the cheek. "I love you Daniel"

"I love you too Corbyn"

♡♡♡

I'm so sorry for not updating! -🕊🌿🌫

-🕊🌿🌫