chapter 6: canteen dilemma

After Jack had drove Zach back home and waved goodbye, Zach went inside, all smiles and giggles. He had a great time with Jack and they talked non stop. He got to know Jack more and that made him so pleased.

As he opened the door and went into the living room, he caught sight of the clock hung on their wall. It was 10:30 pm and his siblings were probably asleep. He was about to tiptoe back into his room when he heard his mum called out his name, "Zach? Is that you?"

Zach followed the direction of her voice to the kitchen, "Yea mum".

Myta and Josh were in the kitchen together making tacos when Zach entered the kitchen, "Hi honey, how was your date?", Myta smiled.

"It was really good, he took me out on a car date. We sat in his trunk and watched movies through a projector. He brought so many food and snacks!", Zach beamed.

"I'm glad you had a great time, Zach", his father, Josh said, "Do you want some tacos by the way? Me and your mum were hungry and decided to make some."

"No thanks dad, I'm so full, I feel like I'm going to pop", Zach admitted, "I'm going to bed now, goodnight mum, goodnight dad"

"Goodnight pumpkin", they chorused.

As Zach was brushing his teeth, he heard a ping from his phone. He straight up flew across his room to see who messaged him. It was Jack. Eagerly, he opened the message.

Noodles😝

Just got back home. Thanks for going out with me today:)

No, I should be thanking YOU. I had the best time ever!

I'm so glad you did 🤧

Welp, mum is nagging at me to go sleep now so I'll see you tmr. Gn Zachy♥️

Gn noodlehead🤪😴

Woah, that's a new nickname. When did you come up with that?

Go sleep you dummy, your mum is probably yelling at you rn 😂

True, bAi zAcH

bAi jAcK

Zach smiled as he turned off his phone and walked back to his bathroom. He spit out the toothpaste and changed to his pjs. That night Zach fell asleep with a smile on his face.

♡♡♡

Eben watched transfixed as Jonah downed his 3rd espresso like a shot.

"Done", he cried out triumphantly as he slammed the cup onto the table.

Eben shooked his head, "that will kill you one day"

"Well, I'm not dead yet and I've been doing this for years"

"I said one day but what do you mean 'for years'?", Eben asked,"how long have you been doing this crazy thing?"

"Since I was 10 I supposed", Jonah replied.

Eben just stared at him.

"I'm joking!", Jonah laughed, "i started drinking coffee when i was 17 and if you notice, I put lots of sugar in it"

"Then you're gonna die because of diabetes", Eben replied which made Jonah laughed again.