chapter 13: their first night

As the two were climbing up the stairs, Ryan yelled up to them.

"YO ZACH"

Zach turned. "What?"

"You're right"

"What do you mean?", Zach asked, puzzled. He was really confused and even glanced at Jack to see if he knew anything but from the look on Jack's face, he has no idea either.

"Jack's ass is adorable"

Zach wanted to die on the spot. "RYAN!", he hissed. He'd never said that to Ryan before. He'd never said anything about Jack's ass to anyone except for Eben. Then it dawned to him. "Eben". He had told Eben that over the phone weeks ago. "Ryan must have overheard it!"

Too afraid to meet Jack's eyes, he murmured, "um.. let's go up..". Jack followed, smirking. Ryan mouthed a "have fun" and Zach so badly wanted to kick his ass.

"DAMN RYAN"

♡♡♡

"So you think my ass is adorable?", Jack asked when they were in Zach's room. He had flopped himself onto Zach's bed and looked up innocently at him.

Face scarlet, the other boy pretended not to hear it as he closed the door (rather loudly).

Not liking being ignored, Jack got up and pinned Zach against the door. Eyes never leaving the blushing boy, he fiddled for the doorknob and locked the door. "Want to answer my question?", Jack asked smirking.

"No", Zach said, refusing to look at Jack.

One hand pinning Zach, he used his other hand to lift Zach's chin up slowly. "Why not?", he whispered.

"Um...", Zach stammered. He didn't know what to say. He tried racking his brain for an answer but his brain was just as frozen as he was. Already expecting this reaction from him, Jack just smirked and closed the gap between them. He knew Zach wouldn't have an answer for his question, he just wanted to make him flustered.

Zach froze for a moment before kissing back enthusiastically.

For a while, it was just them lost in their own world. They kissed and cuddled under Zach's blanket, giggled and booped each other's noses as they laid sprawled on the bed.

They would've have stayed there all night if Ryan (this kid is nOiSy) hadn't yelled at them to come down for dinner.

Zach was bewildered. "You made dinner?", he asked as he and Jack came down, hand in hand.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "No silly, I can't cook, I ordered pizza"

Reese was already perched on her chair, munching on a slice. "Hewwo", she greeted them, her mouth full.

"Hey", Jack smiled at her as he took a seat next to her, "how are you?"

Reese swallowed her mouthful of pizza before answering. "I'm really good, Suzy lent me her favourite pencil today!"

"That's nice"

"It is! The pencil was pink and so sparkly!"

Reese reminded Jack strongly of Isla and it made him smile. The two would get along with each other so well.

Jack was interrupted from his train of thoughts when someone placed a plate of pizza in front of him.

"I remembered you said you like cheese pizza", Zach said rather bashfully.

Jack smiled gratefully, "I do, thanks so much!"

Ryan pipped up,"omg you better like it. Zach made sure I ordered cheese pizza and reminded me so many times!"

Jack laughed while Zach shot daggers at his brother.

"Not cool Ryan", he huffed.

Ryan brought his hands up to the air, "hey at least he knows how much you care about him and love him"

Jack leaned in to peck Zach on the cheek, "thank you babe".

The four talked as they devoured into their pizza. They had just finished cleaning up when Josh and Myta walked in.

"Hellooo children!", Josh hollered.

"Hi dad!", the Herron children chorused while Jack meekly said, "Hi Mr Herron"

Josh caught sight of Jack and immediately went up to introduce himself. "Hi Jack!", he boomed as he clapped him on the shoulder, "So good to finally see you! I'm Josh".

Josh was so joyful and enthusiastic that Jack couldn't help but like him immediately.

"Hello Josh", Jack smiled.

Myta walked up to the kitchen sink where Zach and Ryan were washing the dishes as Reese wiped the table clean, "thank you boys", she smiled gratefully, "but I can take it from here. Go do your stuff"

The four decided to watch a movie together.

They had raided the Herron's pantry and Zach had even managed to bring out their biggest and most comfortable blanket. Spreading it amongst themselves, they snuggled close together as they shared their snacks. The boys had let Reese pick the movie and she picked Frozen.

Pretty soon, their movie turned into a Disney Sing Along as they sang and hollered all the lyrics of Disney songs they could think of.

♡♡♡

"That was really fun", Jack said when he and Zach were in bed together. The Sing Along had tired all of them out immensely and they all decided to call it a day as they retired back to their rooms.

"Yeah, it was", Zach smiled as he held on to Jack's hand, "but I got a question for you though".

Jack gazed at Zach with his dark brown eyes as he waited for the question.

"Are you a little spoon or a big spoon?"

"I'm a knife", Jack replied simply as he leaned in to kiss Zach on the forehead, "but I do want you to cuddle me though"

"Little spoon it is", Zach confirmed as he kissed Jack back, "goodnight noodles"

"Goodnight sunshine"

♡♡♡

Kinda hate this chapter but I hope you guys liked it-🕊🌿🌫