chapter 4: the flashback;)

The boys were hanging out at Daniel's house playing video games when Corbyn pipped up.

"Hey Jack, how did your plan go?"

"Oh, I didn't get to ask him out"

"Was it because you embarrassed him and he ran away?", Daniel teased.

"No, it wasn't!", Jack shoved Daniel playfully, "in fact, we even kissed"

The boys all stopped and stared at Jack as if he lost his mind.

"Wait, you two kissed?", Jonah repeated.

"Yep", Jack replied proudly.

"DETAILSSSSS", Daniel demanded, "I NEED DETAILS!"

Laughing at their reactions, Jack recounted his story.

"That took an.. unexpected turn", Jonah noted when Jack finished.

"I can't believe you said that, oh my gods", Corbyn laughed, "its like you lost but won at the same time"

Jack was confused. "What do you mean I lost?", he asked.

"You didn't get to ask him out", Daniel explained easily, "your main objective was to ask him out but you failed at that. However, you managed to get him to kiss you so you won at that area".

Jack wanted to face palm himself. He has been so excited and giddy by the kids that he had completely and utterly forgotten the reason he did this plan.

"I'm going to ask him out", Jack announced, "tomorrow I'll go up to him and I will ask him"

Daniel couldn't help but slip in another teasing comment, "like a normal person?"

"Like a normal person", Jack agreed.

"All the best, man" Corbyn smiled.

"Hey Jonah, didn't you sign up for the soccer tryouts?" Daniel perked up suddenly, "You never told us how it went"

"Oh, it well really good. In fact I'm on the team!", Jonah grinned.

"WHAT OMG CONGRATSSS!!", they all screamed

"Why didn't you tell us?", Daniel demanded.

"Sorry, must have slipped off my mind", Jonah lied when in reality, yesterday's soccer practice was all he could think of the entire day.

♡♡♡

Flashback...

Jonah and a few others that made it to the soccer team was called to the field after school for their first training.

Coach Cameron decided to start off their first training with a short speech. "I'll just like to say a congratulations to all those who made it into the team and a big welcome. I'm really happy with our turnouts this year and I hope you'll be able to contribute to this team and help us reach greater heights".

The senior teammates cheered at Mr Cameron's words and Jonah felt a warm feeling in his tummy. At that moment, he so so badly wanted to be the one that will help the team reach greater heights.

Coach Cameron beamed at their reactions, "now I'll be passing the time to Eben. He is the captain of the team, if you didn't know that, and he will be training you and preparing you for our next match. 

Jonah watched as a tall, blonde boy disentangled himself from his team mates and into the front, next to Coach Haven 

"He's kinda cute", Jonah thought as he watched Eben walked past him. He'd seen Eben a couple of times before in his classes or the hallways but he never really gotten the chance to get to know him. He only knew Eben by his name and his title as captain and nothing else.