chapter 3: the plan

Jack went through the plan he and Corbyn had discussed in his head one more time as he sat at his seat.

1. Write a sweet note
2. Throw it at Zach
3. Wait for his reaction
4. If he seems pleased or is blushing, ask him out.

"This is totally foolproof! Smooth and safe, I don't see why Daniel and Jonah don't seem to agree with me", Jack thought.

Now he needed to think of what to write.

"Should I write 'you're sweet' or 'I think you're really cute'?"

Jack decided to settle with 'hey, you look good today;)'

Pleased, he crumpled the note and shoved it into his pocket, waiting for Zach to arrive. Jack had arrived early to class and was the only one there, thus giving him time to think more about it alone.

Pretty soon, the bell signalling the end of lunch rang and students began pouring into class.

Jack sat up straighter, eyes never once leaving the door as he waited for a certain boy with fluffy brown hair walk in.

When Ms Darrell, his maths teacher walked into class, Jack slowly lose hope as he slumped back into his chair.

"Maybe he's not coming today", he thought sadly.

Ms Darrell had set up her slides and was just about to start her lesson when Zach burst in, panting.

"Sorry I'm late, Ms Darrell. I lost track of time", Zach apologised shyly.

"It's alright, now quickly get into your seat", Ms Darrell replied.

Zach nodded and went to sit down. His seat was just across Jack and Jack could felt his heart doing flips as he quickly checked him out as the boy sat down.

Zach was wearing a pale blue hoodie with black ripped skinny jeans. A beanie completed his look like a cherry on top. Jack could have sworned he never saw Zach this good looking.

Jack looked away, biting his bottom lip to keep himself from blushing and tried to pay attention to what Ms Darrell was saying but no avail.

He was distracted by Zach's ridiculously good looking looks, fluffy brown hair and his pink lips he so so desperately wanted to feel against his own lips.

His hands were sweaty as he pulled out the crumpled note. It was time to get his plan rolling.

Aiming carefully, he threw it when Ms Darrell turned around to write something on the board.

It hit the side of Zach's head before landing softly on the floor, next to his desk. Surprised, Zach picked it up and opened it.

Jack watched Zach quickly skimming through it and was pleased when he saw the other boy's cheeks turning pink. Zach turned to look at Jack before giving him a wink and scribbled back a reply.

He tossed it to Jack, who caught it easily with his hands and opened it eagerly. It read;

𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏, 𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝;)

Jack quickly wrote back

⌜author's note: Italics and bold is Jack and 𝚃𝚢𝚙𝚎𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚉𝚊𝚌𝚑⌟

Gotta say tho, are you that tall or is it just your shoes?