chapter 12: staying over

"Hey mum?", Zach asked during dinner.

Myta looked up from her meal. "Yes Zach?"

"Can Jack stay over during the weekend?"

Zach kept his fingers crossed as Myta looked over to Josh.

"I don't see why not", Myta replied with a smile.

Zach beamed, "wow thanks mum!"

"Does that mean I can finally meet Jack?", Zach's little sister, Reese exclaimed.

"Yes!" Zach replied enthusiastically, "can you guys gimme a sec? I want to tell Jack"

"Go ahead, son" Josh replied before turning his attention back to Zach's brother, Ryan, who was telling his dad about his plans for the weekend.

When Zach made it into his room, he immediately called Jack.

Jack picked up after the second ring.

"Hi baby", came Jack's amused voice, "whats up?"

Zach began excitedly, "I asked my mum if you could stay over and she said yes! Do you want to come over?"

"OMG YES, let me ask my mum"

Zach heard Jack's muffled yell from his room as he asked his mother which she immediately yelled back a response, which were inaudible and Zach couldn't quite pick up

"ZACH!", a piercing voice screamed.

Zach jumped. "Hm? Yes? What?"

Jack squealed excitedly, "My mum said yes!"

"YES OMG! I CAN'T WAIT!"

The two boys immediately made plans and only reluctantly ended their call when Ryan came waltzing into Zach's room to call him down to finish his dinner.

"I will but just let me talk to Jack for another 5 more minutes", Zach said dismissively as he tried to shoo Ryan out of his room.

"You talk to Jack everyday, just hang up the damn phone and finish your dinner," Ryan said simply, "you can call him back later"

Jack laughed from the other end of the line. "you heard your brother, mister. Go finish your dinner, I'm not going away".

"I can't believe you took the enemy's side, Jack! We're supposed to be together against him!". Zach cried out, mockingly hurt.

"Don't worry, I still love you", Jack giggled.

"I love you too", Zach whispered lovingly. He frowned when he saw Ryan doubling over and faking gagging. "Go away", he mouthed. Ryan smirked before leaving the room. "Damn Ryan for ruining the moment", Zach thought angrily.

Jack was still talking. "anyways, I need to go soon too. I'm pretty sure dinner is almost ready".

"alright bye noodles"

"bye sunshine" and Jack ended the call.

"I can't believe he asked you to stay over!" a voice squealed excitedly behind Jack, causing the curly haired boy to nearly jump out of his skin in fright.

He turned around only to see Sydnie at his door.

"Syd, were you eavesdropping on me?", Jack asked suspiciously.

Sydnie stopped smiling. "I didn't mean to", she explained nervously, "I was passing by and I heard it by accident. I'm sorry Jack"

"It's alright Syd, besides you can help me pack", Jack said with a smile. He loved Sydnie immensely and could never get mad at her. She was always so kind and supporting and always meant well.