chapter 8: boyfriends

"Hey Eben, do you think it's too soon to ask Jack to be my boyfriend?"

It was early in the morning and classes had not started yet. Zach and Eben were back at their usual spot under the tree when Zach blurted out his question.

Jack and Zach had been spending a lot of time together the past week and had even went on another date together. Well, Zach wasn't sure if Jack considered it as a date but they did went out to the movies together (alone) and had a great time. Technically, it wasn't an actual date yet since they weren't official and Zach would like to change that.

"Hell no, go get your man Zach!", Eben laughed, "about time too!".

Zach blushed. He was pretty sure Jack felt the same for him. Heck, they'd even kissed in front of a class! He was just hoping that Jack's feelings were genuine and he wasn't playing him up or something.

"So.. when are you going to ask him?", Eben asked, interrupting Zach's train of thoughts.

"Erm.. today? Is it okay?", Zach asked nervously.

"Definetly yes, I can't wait for my Jachary ship to sail!", Eben cheered.

Zach spluttered. "What? Jachary?", he choked out.

Eben smirked, "Yeah, I heard it from Jonah. Apparently that's the ship name for you and Jack".

Smirking back, Zach said swiftly, "speaking of Jonah and ship names, when is Jeben going to sail?"

Now it was Eben's turn to choke, causing Zach to laugh out loud.

He nudged Eben teasingly, "I can tell you like him"

Just then, the first bell rang, signalling for class. Eben leapt to his feet. "Saved by the bell", he thought, relieved.

"I gotta go class now, see you later Zach and all the best!", Eben said before dashing away. He didn't want to give Zach the opportunity to ask him more about Jonah.

Zach laughed at the sight of Eben's retreating back. He knew why he was in such a big hurry to leave.

As he turned to walk to class, his laughter ebbed away, replacing them with nerves. He was going to ask Jack out pretty soon.

♡♡♡

*timeskip*

Zach found Jack all by himself at his locker during lunch. He approached the curly head boy quietly before pouncing on him, causing the other to scream out loud.

Zach collapsed into a fit of giggles while Jack hit him repeatedly with a book in his hand, face red.

"Oh my gods! You should see the look on your face!", Zach managed to choke out.

"You scared me!", Jack whined.

"Sorry about that, you're not mad are you?", Zach asked softly, cupping the other boy's face in his hands.

Face burning, Jack could only stammer. "Nno", he huffed, looking away from the brunette's hazel eyes.

Zach smiled. Summoning a his courage, he blurted out his question before he could back out.

"Jack, will you be my boyfriend?"

♡♡♡

Corbyn had Daniel around his arm as they walked to their favourite cafe, their usual go-to spot after school. They were there so often that the workers there already knew them by their name and their order. All they had to do was go in, smile and sit down while the workers prepared their food.

"Hey Corbyn, Hey Daniel", someone greeted them as they entered the cafe. It was Adam. The two boys smiled and greeted Adam back before going to their usual spot at the back behind some potted plants.

The cafe was brightly lit with dangling lamps and decorated with plants and flowers. The aromatic smell of coffee always filled the room as the baristas brewed and grounded coffee beans.

Daniel lay his head on Corbyn's shoulder as he threaded their fingers together. They begun talking aimlessly, taking turns to tell each other about their day, funny things that happened, some drama that seemed to be going on at school, anything because the other loved to hear their significant other talk and to be able to spend time with them.

They were interrupted by Adam when he aprroached them with their order. "Here's your apple juice, hot chocolate and cheesecake", he said kindly as he placed the food in front of them, "enjoy"

"Thank you"

♡♡♡

They were just finishing their cheesecake when Corbyn got a Face time request from Jack. He pressed accept and huddled in closer to Daniel so they both could fit into the frame.

"GUYS OMG, GUESS WHAT", was the first thing Jack said to them. No, he didn't even say it, he hollered it.

Daniel winced and nudged Corbyn's phone further away from him, Nevertheless, he yelled back, "WHAT?!"

"ZACH ASKED ME TO BE HIS BOYFRIEND"

"OMG OMG OMG, FINALLYYY", Corbyn fangirled, "YOU SAID YES RIGHT?"

"HELL YEA I DID! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, IM TAKEN AND IN A RELATIONSHIP NOW!"

Daniel and Corbyn laughed. "Do you want the whole world to hear you?", Daniel teased, "because I swear, everybody in the cafe is looking at us now".

Jack had been so excited and happy that Zachary Dean Herron was now his boyfriend that he didn't even checked Corbyn and Daniel's surroundings before hollering at them.

"I'm sorry", he said sheepishly.

"Nah it's fine", Daniel waved dismissively, "I get it"

"Thank you"

"Now go back to your boyfriend and leave us alone", Corbyn commanded.

"Yes, sir", Jack said, mocking a salute before ending the call.

♡♡♡

Decided to put our two pairs of boyfriends in this chapter tgt since the chapter name is boyfriends after all;)   -🕊🌿🌫

Decided to put our two pairs of boyfriends in this chapter tgt since the chapter name is boyfriends after all;) -🕊🌿🌫