chapter 10: the jerk

Eben didn't know what to do.

"Should I send it or not?", he thought. "Is it too soon?"

Eben had his and Jonah's chat open and had typed a long message for Jonah. It was a confession message. A message that was about his feelings for the other boy. A message that hoped the other boy felt the same way for him. A message that was asking Jonah to be his boyfriend.

"Should I send it or not?"

His finger hovered above the send button. Eben could feel his heart thumping as he made his decision.

"I think I'll call Zach and ask him", Eben decided in the end. Eben was about to backspace the entire message when his finger slipped and accidentally pressed send.

"Oh shit"

♡♡♡

Baby🦆❤

Morning baby, where are you?

I'm at the entrance
I see you!!!
HIII!

Daniel looked up from his phone, with a smile. There he was, Corbyn Besson, his boyfriend, running to him from the school's entrance, dodging and swerving other students as he dashed to him before flinging his arms (and legs) around Daniel.

"Morning princess", Corbyn greeted as he pecked on Daniel's forehead.

"CoRbYn, you're getting heavier", Daniel complained, giggling, "I can barely carry you now"

Corbyn just snuggled deeper into Daniel's neck and toyed with the blonde's hoodie, "but you can still carry me".

Daniel just laughed, "alright lazypops, get down. We still need to stop by at our lockers to get our books".

Corbyn begrudgingly climbed down and hand in hand, they made their way into the school.

♡♡♡

They were at Corbyn's locker when he heard it. Corbyn had gotten his books out and had stuffed them into his bag. He was about to close his locker when a large guffaw penetrated the hallways.

"That Seavey girl is the most embarrassing klutz I've ever seen"

Daniel turned his head so fast, he could hear his neck crack.

The voice continued, "You should have seen her yesterday talking about her presentation about whales, it's like watching an actual whale blubbering!"

Mean snickers and laughter accompanied the comment and Daniel could feel his blood boiling. Anna was passionate about animals and was so so proud of her presentation for biology. She had chosen whales as her topic and had spent days on it. When she was done, she made the family sit and listen to her entire presentation, which was really good in Daniel's opinion.

He locked eyes with the guy in the middle of his friend group. He was dressed like your typical e-boy and looked like someone who cared more about his hair than his grades. The boy just smiled back, not knowing that Daniel was Anna's brother, and called out, "You agree with me, big guy?"

"What's your name, boy?"

"André McLean, and you are?"

Daniel advanced towards the boy. He was a head taller than André and towered the younger boy. It gave Daniel a satisfaction when he saw him took a step back. "Daniel Seavey and no one talks to my sister like that"

André straighten himself when he heard the name. "Oh, you're the brother of that slut", he said, rolling his eyes, "she's the most annoying person on the planet. Never does anything I tell her to, she's pathetic"

BAM!¡

Daniel had grabbed André by the collar and shoved him to the lockers. No one talks to his sister like that. NO ONE.

"If you use girls as a way to satisfy your needs, then you're the pathetic one", Daniel screamed at André, hands tightening dangerously around his neck, "I could kill you with my bare hands right now. You're the biggest asshole I've ever met in my entire life and you deserve to die in a hole! You're a disappointment to boys and I hope you -"

Corbyn had to hold Daniel back and pry his fingers off André neck as Daniel shouted profanities and threats at André. "Babe, thats enough", Corbyn tried to calm him down. As much as Corbyn wanted to pounce out André as well, he had to think logically. It would land them into big trouble and he knew Daniel and Anna wouldn't want that.

André simply stood up and dusted his clothes as if it was no big deal. He looked at Daniel and Corbyn scornfully and stated, "ew so you're gay too, y'all are a joke"

That did it.

It had snapped a vein in both Corbyn and Daniel's neck. In a rage of fury, the two just pounced at him. They didn't beat him up but they did threaten and shaken the younger boy so much that he couldnt even stand properly. His "friends" had long abandoned him and had fled when they caught sight of the two raging blondes, leaving this idiot to fend for himself.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry", André whimpered, tears already streaming down his face as he crouched down on the floor with fear.

"Good, talk bad about anyone else and you're going to get it", Daniel growled, his electric blue eyes clinging dangerously.

André nodded and fled immediately.

The two turned and made their way to class silently, still fuming. Daniel hated bullies. He had dealt with a great deal of them back when he was younger because he was "different". He hated it even more when bullies try to target his loved ones.

Corbyn's intentions, however, was to just protect Daniel. Corbyn rarely got mad, but when he did, you better pack up and leave the country because this puppy eyed boy could become a hungry wolf in just 2 seconds. He hated it when people picked on his Daniel and looked down on them just because their hearts were different.

"Love is love", Corbyn fumed silently, "why can't people see that?"

Alas, the world would always have their assholes

♡♡♡

There you have it, a better chapter and Anna's ex boyfriend😻 (he's fictional btw) -🕊🌫🌿