chapter 11: the text message

Jonah was in class when he heard a familiar chime from his pocket. Discreetly pulling his phone out, he checked to see who messaged him. His heart skipped a beat when he realised it was Eben. He tapped into the message and his eyes widen at the long message. Eager to read it, he raised up his hand.

"Mr Emerson? May I go to the restroom?"

Mr Emerson, his history teacher, looked up from his textbook. "Sure, go ahead Jonah", he replied as he pushed his glasses up from the bridge of his nose and returned back to his textbook.

Jonah walked briskly into the restroom and locked himself into a cubicle. Pulling the toilet seat cover down, he sat on it and began to read.

Eben Franckewitz

Hi Jonah, this may sound really silly or stupid but I've always liked you. I thought you were really good looking, kind and funny and I've always wanted to get to know you better. I got the chance when I saw you were in the school team. (You look really good in your jersey btw) Well, you were exactly how I imagine you to be, you're kind, caring, funny, good-looking and bonus point: you love coffee! You.. you're perfect, and I just want to say that I really like you and would really want you to be mine. You can say no if you want to, no biggie.

Jonah sat there, frozen. He read the message over and over again to see if he read anything wrong. When he had read the message for the 8th time, he was almost breathless. "Omg Eben wants me to be my boyfriend!", he screamed excitedly in his head.

He wanted to tell his friends immediately and shout it out loud but first, he needed to reply Eben. Fingers trembling, he typed back a response and hit send.

♡♡♡

"ZACHHHH"

"Eben? Is that you?! What the hell happened?", Zach asked immediately when he picked up the phone.

"Pleaseee take my life", Eben moaned, "I want to die"

"What the hell? What did you do?", Zach asked, worried. Eben rarely got worked up.

"I wrote a super long message to Jonah and I wanted to ask you before sending it but my goddamn fingers slipped and sent it by accident", Eben groaned, "What's worse is that I can't delete it!"

Zach did his best not to laugh.

"Don't worry Eben, I promise you, nothing bad will come out of it", Zach tried to reassure Eben.

"Why?", Eben asked immediately (and eagerly), "did he tell you that he likes me too?"

"Its not my place to tell you"

"Awh c'mon Zach!"

"Nope"

Eben groaned.

"It'll be fine", Zach , "You know what-"

But then a text from Jonah popped up, obscuring half of Eben's phone.

Hey Eben, i don't think it's stupid, in fact I think it's cute:) I really like you from the start too. You're just so funny and overall a great person to be with and to talk to, I couldn't help falling for that. So, yes I'll be your boyfriend but only if you'll be mine first;)

Eben's heart leapt to his throat. Zach was still talking but it barely even registered into Eben's head.

"Boyfriend," he whispered.

Zach paused. "What?"

"Jonah agreed to be my boyfriend"

"When?"

"Just now. Over text"

Zach gave a loud and excited squeal, "no way!"

Eben was now smiling.

"I can't believe it too! He said yes, Zach!"

"I'm so happy for you but go reply back to Jonah!"

Eben laughed, "yessir"

Zach laughed, "see you Eben! and congrats"

"Thank you so much for listening to me every single time", Eben said gratefully.

Zach just smiled back, "no problem, thats what friends are for"

♡♡♡

This is through Zach's phone!¡

Why Don't We?

Jonah Marais: Guess what

Noodles😝: whatt

Corbyn Besson: WhaT

Daniel Seavey: WHATTT

:0

Jonah Marais: IM TAKEN!!!

Daniel Seavey: SKHFJSD WHATTT

Corbyn Besson: BY WHOOO

Jonah Marais: BY EBEN!!!!

Noodles😝: CONGRATS MAN!

SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU JONAH😻

Jonah Marais: waitwait Zach did you know abt this?

Jonah Marais: since you're his best friend and all

Kinda?¿

Jonah Marais: awee

Daniel Seavey: how does it feel like to be taken Jo 😻

Jonah Marais: it's fKiNg amAziNg

Noodles😝: lMaoO🤣

Corbyn Besson: we can go on triple dates now omg 😍😍😍😍😍

Omggg hell yesss. That'll be so so funn

Jonah Marais: I love you guys sm🤧

Love you too jo <3

Noodles😝: WE LOVE YOU TOOO

Daniel Seavey: LOVE YOU GUYS MORE

Corbyn Besson: LOVE YOUUUU

♡♡♡

This chapter is kinda short but I really enjoyed writing this💖 also I need to remind myself that this is a JACHARY book and I need to write more Jachary scenes omg😭 also I love you guys so much

This chapter is kinda short but I really enjoyed writing this💖 also I need to remind myself that this is a JACHARY book and I need to write more Jachary scenes omg😭 also I love you guys so much. Thanks for sticking with me and this story:') -🕊🌿🌫