chapter 5: the date

Jack was nervous. Like really nervous.

He plans to ask Zach out today.

He had everything ready, the place, the outfit he would wear and the car he would use to pick Zach up. Basically everything was ready except for one thing; his answer.

Daniel had assured him saying that there's a 99.9% chance that Zach will say yes because "after all, he did kiss you and you don't kiss someone you don't like", but Jack was still nervous.

"What if he says no?", Jack thought, "I'll be crushed."

Jack shooked him head, trying to clear himself away from all his negative thoughts. If Zach rejects him, then so be it. Yes, Jack will be disssapointed and crushed, but he won't die, will he?

"Everything will be okay"

♡♡♡

"Martha! You'll never guess what happened", Ms Darrell exclaimed.

Ms Nolan looked up from her science textbook, eagerly. "What?!", she demanded.

"Zach kissed Jack yesterday"

"Oh my gods REALLY?!"

"YES I KNOW RIGHT"

Ms Nolan gave a little squeal, "I never thought Zach would be the one to make the first move, he's such a shy sweetheart. I've always expected Jack to do it. He's so much more bolder!"

"Well, Jack did asked him to kiss him", Ms Darrell said, recounting what happebed yesterday, "So does that count as the first move?"

"Hm...maybe", Ms Nolan replied.

Ms Nolan and Ms Darrell had been best friends since college. They had graduated together and found a school where they could work and still be together. Most of the time, they will try to pair up students they think have the most chemistry with and think up ship names of said students. Some teachers thought it was weird to ship their students but c'mon, Ms Darrell and Miss Nolan are just 21, let them live their life. After all, who couldn't identify chemistry better than a science teacher and a maths teacher.

(Author's note: I hope you guys like Ms Darrell and Ms Nolan because I love them and their friendship🤧)

♡♡♡

When Jack caught sight of Zach at his locker, he sprinted up to him.

"Hey Zach!", he greeted nervously.

"Oh hi Jack", Zach smiled, "how are you?"

"I'm good", Jack gulped, "listen, I need to ask you something"

That made Zach so so curious.

"Yea?", Zach asked, trying to say it as calmly as he could, "What is it?"

"Um.. would you like to go out with me today?", Jack asked softly, not daring to look at Zach.

"Yes"

Jack looked up instantly, beaming.

"That's great! I'll be at your house at 6", Jack babbled, "can I have your address?"