gorgeous

the second i lay eyes on her across the park, my entire world freezes in place. she's so beautiful that suddenly everything else just seems so dull. the sky goes grey, the sun stops shining, the leaves lose their colours, and the birds stop singing. nothing can compare to this vision of beauty before me. it's the kind of beauty that doesn't seem real and that anyone would kill to have.

she's dressed simply in a long coat, soft blue jeans, ankle boots and a baby pink beanie but it doesn't take away from her beauty. instead it enhances it, bringing all of my attention to her face. i suddenly need to talk to her, to know who she is and why she's so gorgeous.

and then she turns to look at me. my boring eyes catch her light hazel ones and the softness makes my heart soar. she looks me over a couple of times and when our eyes meet again, she smiles at me. it lights up her entire face and causes me to blush and look away to avoid embarrassment. i've never seen someone so ethereal and i have no idea what to do.

after a few seconds i look back and jump in surprise when i see that the girl is walking over to me, looking amused. i immediately begin to freak out and have to force myself to breathe so i don't pass out.

when she reaches me, she gives me another pretty smile, that i try to reciprocate, but probably end up looking horrible.

"hi," she says. her voice tinkles like soft bells and i swear in that second i fall in love with her.

"h-hi," i reply.

"do you mind if i sit?" she asks, pointing to the empty spot on the bench beside me.

"s-sure."

she takes a seat and a sudden burst of wind pushes her amazing scent to me. she smells like... i can't even explain the mixture. floral, citrusy; all of my favourite scents. i took a deep breath through my nose and felt a chill run down my spine when her scent hit me again. i could sit there and smell her for hours.

"did you hear me?" the girl asks, surprising me out of my thoughts.

"sorry, what?" i ask, blushing again in embarrassment.

"i asked your name," she says. she gives me a smile as if she knows exactly what i was doing before.

"oh, (y/n). what's yours?"

"roseanne, but my friends call me rosie."

beautiful. fits her looks perfectly.

"it's nice to meet you," i say.

"it's nice to meet you, too," she replies. "what are you doing in the park on such a cold day?"

"it's not that cold to me, i don't feel cold as strong as others. i just enjoy people watching."

rosie nods as she turns her head to do the same. i take the opportunity to study her side profile now and am once again amazed at how perfect she is.

"are you interested in going for a walk with me?" she asks, turning back to me.

"really?" i ask.

"yeah. you interest me and i want to talk more."

i interest her? i can't see how that's even possible but i'm not going to miss the chance to get to know her.

"okay," i say. she grins so we both get up off the bench and begin to follow the laid out path.

"how old are you, (y/n)?" rosie asks.

"22," i reply. "what about you?"

"23," she says. i notice that she laughs a little as she says it which is a little confusing but i brush it off. her laugh makes my stomach flutter so i'm not going to say anything that'll make her stop.