coffee girl

you probably noticed i deleted the requests part early but i hadn't gotten a request in a few hours so i figured they'd all come in already. if you still want to request, shoot me a message any time ;) i'll start working on them soon but this is one i've been working on and wanted to post!

also, if you guys are on twitter, you should follow me @ soph_carpenter bc i just made a rosé edit and i want views on it! :) 

there's a cute little coffee shop near my house that i absolutely love going to on the weekends to study. it's usually pretty quiet, as other people my age prefer to go to a different one, which just makes it even better. the drinks are cheap, the atmosphere is warm and cozy, and, best of all, the baristas are gorgeous. well...one of them at least.

when i first started coming here more often a few months ago, this certain barista didn't work here yet. it wasn't until around halloween time that i noticed her behind the counter. i was taken aback the first time i saw her as she was absolutely breathtaking. she had long brown hair always tied up in a low ponytail, brown circular glasses, and always wore a denim apron. she looked really soft and i felt she fit the aesthetic of the coffee shop perfectly.

almost every day i come in now, she's here. she usually makes the drinks but sometimes, if i'm very lucky, she brings drink refills over to the tables. when i walk into the shop this saturday morning, i immediately see her working behind the counter. i can see that she's wearing a big grey knit sweater along with her usual accessories and i find myself wanting be wrapped up in her arms. she looks so warm, which coincidentally is what my face gets when she looks up and gives me a huge grin.

"hi (y/n)!" she says cheerfully.

"hi rosie," i reply.

about two weeks into her working here, we got on a first name basis with each other. she noticed that i came in a lot and introduced herself to me, stating, for some reason, that she wanted to be friends with me. i was a little surprised but who was i to say no to someone so pretty?

"what will it be today?" she asks.

"i think i'll go for the hot chocolate, i don't have too much work to do today," i say. she smiles and grabs what she refers to now as '(y/n)'s cup'; a pretty light pink one with white and yellow flowers. at first it just happened to be the one i got whenever i came in but now i think she purposefully leaves it aside for me. the thought makes my heart flutter in my chest every single time.

"so, what are you working on?" rosie asks as she makes my drink.

"i've got to work on my composition, it's due at the end of next week," i say.

"ooh, that's awesome!" her eyes are suddenly so wide and i can see them sparkling in excitement.

"it's really difficult," i admit, feeling myself blush under her attention. "i don't know if it sounds okay."

"well, if you need someone to listen to it, i will!" she says. before i get the chance to reply, she hands me my drink with a smile then goes to take the order of the customer that just walked in.

i walk over to the table i usually sit at and immediately pull out my laptop and headphones to start working. sometimes i don't get much done being here, staring at rosie has a lot more interest to me at the moment, but it's still more peaceful than the apartment i share with my best friend jongin and his long-term boyfriend chanyeol. don't get me wrong, i love the two of them more than anything and living with them is a lot of fun, but they are 26 and 28 so they can't keep their hands off each other a lot of the time. sometimes i just need a break from them. and anyway, the view here is nice.

after a couple hours of work, and three more drinks, i finish the first draft of my composition. i think it sounds pretty great but i figure that getting an outside opinion would be helpful so i turn to where i can see rosie sitting at a table, probably on her break.

"hey, rosie?" i ask.

she instantly looks up at me and smiles. "yeah?"

"would you listen to this for me?"

her smile widens. "of course!" she says.

she picks her things up and walks over to my table before sitting down beside me. i can feel her jean-clad thigh brush up against mine as she gets comfortable in her chair and i have to bring one of my hands up to my face to hide my blush that's quickly forming. i hand her my headphones and once she's got them on, i press play.

the composition is only a couple of minutes long but i swear they're the longest minutes of my life. rosie doesn't say anything as she's listening and the only indication of what she's thinking is the slight nodding of her head. i think that means she likes it but i honestly can't tell and i'm so nervous to hear her thoughts.

when it finishes, she pulls the headphones off and i tug my bottom lip between my teeth as i wait for her input.

"it's really good, (y/n)," she says. "like, really good. i love music myself but i don't know if i could compose something on the fly like this. you're really talented and i think you're going to do super well on this."

my heart feels unbelievably full in my chest by the time she finishes and i have to try really hard to stop tears from forming in my eyes.

"thank you," i mumble. she smiles softly at me and i gulp quietly when i feel her hand suddenly on my thigh.

"you're so cute," she says.

that surprises me. "what?" i croak.

"you're really cute, (y/n). i think you're super pretty and cute and now that i know you're musically talented too, i think it's finally time i tell you."

i gape at her for a few seconds and i know it probably comes off as rude but i'm just trying to process what she said. she, the cutest girl i've ever laid eyes on, thinks i'm cute too?

"i-" she cuts me off by pressing a finger on my lips.

"you don't have to say anything back," she says. "i just wanted to tell you before i chickened out."

she gets up to leave then but luckily my brain begins to function again and i'm able to stop her before she does.

"i like you, too, rosie," i whisper. it's her turn to look a little surprised for a second but then a huge grin breaks out across her face and she sits back down to take my hand in hers.

"really?" she asks.

"really," i reply. "i mean, how could i not? you're the definition of cute, if you looked the word up in the dictionary it would have your name and picture beside it. you're the epitome of cute, you're-"

luckily for me, she cuts me off with a kiss before i can make even more of a fool of myself. her lips are so plump and smooth like i always imagined they would be and within only a few seconds i'm already addicted to kissing her.

i pull away after a few seconds before we get too inappropriate in public and the sight of rosie's small content smile makes me smile.

"can i get your number?" i ask, probably way shier than i have to be.

she gives me a look of disbelief and i automatically feel stupid. "we basically just confessed, and kissed, and you think there's a chance you won't be getting my number?" she asks. 

"just wanted to make sure," i say. she rolls her eyes but i can see fondness in them and her smile as she pulls out her phone and hands it to me. we exchange numbers and when i get my phone back i make sure to save hers with a cute little coffee mug emoji beside her name.

"i have to get back to work but i'll text you when i'm off," she says.

"okay, i'd love that," i reply.

she gives me one last lingering kiss before getting up with her things and heading back behind the counter. having finished my work i figure i should probably get back to my apartment so i pack all of my things up and head towards the door. i turn back to look at rosie once more before i leave and the smile and wink she gives me makes my heart leap into my throat.

i walk out of the coffee shop that day with a smile on my face, so excited to see where things go with rosie.

hope you liked this!