wedding

taking a seat at the bar, i heave out a sigh as i look around the room. everyone seems to be having a lot of fun, dancing and laughing with each other, except me.

it's my closest cousin's wedding day and while i'm so excited to be here for her as a bridesmaid, watching her look so in love is making me feel very lonely. i know it's wrong to feel jealous people at their wedding but i can't help it.

irene and i grew up together and were the ones in our family who were always single together. but then she became an idol, met her now husband junmyeon, and it was suddenly just me left. it doesn't help that i'm gay and all of my friends are straight so i really had no chance of finding a girlfriend. irene deliberately invited a lot of her pretty (gay) friends but so far none of them have managed to catch my attention. i kind of just want the night to be over so i can go home and wallow in my loneliness.

just as the bartender hands me another drink, a song i've never heard before comes through the speakers and it instantly catches my attention. it's sung by what sounds like four women and is really upbeat; very my style. i find myself tapping my hand along on the counter which happens to attract the attention of the person a few seats down from me.

"cool song, right?" she says. i turn my head to nod at her and embarrassingly my eyes widen when they land on her face. she's arguably the most beautiful woman i've ever had the pleasure of seeing and has turned me into a gaping mess.

when i finally manage to shake myself out of my daze, i'm mortified to see an amused smirk on her face.

"uh, yes," i reply. "i like the song."

"me, too." she slides onto the chair right beside me so i straighten myself out to look more presentable. "so, how do you know the happy couple?"

"irene is my cousin and best friend," i reply, trying to ignore how nice she smells and how soft her arm is against mine. "you?"

"she's pretty close with one of my friends," the woman says.

a friend of irene that i don't know about? she must be a new friend or another idol i haven't met yet.

"what's your name?" i ask.

"my friends call me rosie," she replies, giving me a soft smile.

"i like it. i'm (y/n)."

"nice to meet you."

we shake hands then rosie turns to people watch while i try and get my breathing back in check. being around pretty girls is a very intimidating thing for me.

luckily i'm distracted when a familiar voice calls my name. within a second i'm crushed into a strong hug that pins my arms against my side in a way that i can't return it.

"hi, yeol," i say.

"how you doing, babe?" he asks. i roll my eyes and poke his side until he drops his arms from around me with a pout.

"fine. and don't call me babe."

chanyeol has had a crush on me ever since irene introduced us around 6 years ago and is very obvious about it. i'm pretty sure that he knows i know but seeing as he hasn't told me i'm not going to say anything first. he also knows i'm not into men but he's a naturally flirty guy so that doesn't stop him from flirting with me all the time. i love him as a friend and don't want to lose that so i just put up with it for the most part.

"i see you've met rosé," he says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. i almost shrug him off but figure it's a pretty harmless gesture so i leave him be as i turn back to rosie.

"yeah, we were just getting to know each other, right (y/n)?" rosie says, putting one of her hands on my thigh. my mouth goes dry and i immediately feel chanyeol's arm around me tense. what does that mean? is she interested in me, too?