partner

i hate group and partner projects with a passion. i mean, obviously it's nice not to have to do the work all by myself but having to coordinate getting things done with other people is a mess. so many people are unreliable and it gets to the point where i have to just do my half and hope they do theirs on time. i don't know why we have to do them and i always try to get out of it whenever i can.

however, i am definitely not unhappy with my partner for my newest project. her name is roseanne, although she goes by rosie, and she is very hardworking like me. i've never had the chance to work with her before but i've seen what she's done with other people and it's always really good. i'm hoping that we'll be able to work well together and get things done right and on time.

it also helps that i've had a massive crush on her for over three years, since we started high school. it's our senior year now and i still haven't really had the chance to hang out with her, let alone tell her about my feelings. maybe getting to work with her will finally give me the opportunity. i hope so anyway.

rosie sends me a message saturday morning asking if i want to go over to her house and work on the project so i quickly agree. i'm interested in seeing what her house looks like as i've heard her family is quite wealthy. i'm also just super excited to hang out with her alone for the first time.

when i pull up to the house, my jaw drops in shock seeing how big her house actually is. it's actually a mansion with a cul-de-sac like driveway and a water fountain in the middle. it's gorgeous, bigger than anything i've ever seen before. i feel both jealous and completely in awe.

after parking my car, i head up the front door and ring the doorbell. it takes a few seconds of waiting before the door opens and i'm greeted by rosie's pretty, smiling face.

"hey (y/n), come in," she says. she moves aside to let me in and i'm completely taken aback at the interior. it's a mix of modern and rustic which is a style i've always really loved.

i must look surprised and intimidated because rosie giggles lightly.

"i know, it's a lot, right?" she says.

"i mean, yes, but it's beautiful," i reply.

she grins at that and the sight catches me off guard for a second before making my heart flutter in my chest.

i don't know if she notices my reaction but she wraps her hand around my elbow and leads me to the huge staircase. "let's work in my room," she says.

i take the chance to admire the parts of the house that rosie takes me past, just a couple of bedrooms and what looks like an office, then she opens the door to her room.

the second i walk in, my eyes widen in surprise as i gasp sharply. it's a huge room, probably four times the size of my own at home, and decorated really simply but beautifully. she has clean, white bedsheets on her king sized bed in the middle of the room, a long black desk with scattered items, floating bookshelves lined with books and plants, and fake leaves draped along the walls. it looks like a fairytale and i'm so envious.

"wow, rosie, this is amazing," i say.

"you think so?" she asks. i'm a little confused that she seems to really care about my opinion but i nod anyway.

"i wish my room looked this nice."

"it doesn't always, trust me." she walks over to her desk and grabs her laptop before sitting on her bed against the headboard. she pats the spot beside her so i carefully climb on and shuffle up until i'm next to her. i can't help but notice that she smells really good up close but i try to push those thoughts aside as i reach into my bag to get my computer.

"so, shall we decide what we're going to do?" i ask.

"i want to do something else first," she replies. i raise an eyebrow at her but agree and put my laptop down to give her my attention.

"what do you want to do?" i ask.

"well, something i've been wanting to do for a while but never had the courage to."

before i can ask what, she cups my cheek in her hand and pulls me into a sudden kiss. it catches me completely off guard, so much so that i don't have the opportunity to kiss her back before she pulls away. she looks nervous at my lack of response but it slowly turns to a look of rejection when i can't find any words.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have done that," she says. she looks away to grab her laptop again and that's when my brain finally wakes up and i reach out to stop her. i tug her around to look at me again and immediately pull her into another kiss.

i feel her hands slide into my hair so i grab her waist with my own and pull her closer. her lips are so soft and gentle against my own and it feels unbelievable to finally be kissing her.

she annoyingly pulls away after only a few seconds, leaving me to chase after her lips for more.

"wait," she whispers, resting her forehead against mine. "does this mean you like me?"

"yes, i like you," i say.

she lets out a soft breath of relief and smiles at me. "i like you, too."

"good, now kiss me again."

we spend the next few hours at her house both making out and working on our project. when it comes time for me to leave, rosie walks me out to my car and once there, pins me against it and kisses me again.

"i think we should go on a date," she says when she pulls away.

"i think we should," i agree. "do you like mini golf?"

"i love mini golf. friday night?"

i grin. "friday night."

"good, i'll text you. drive safely."

with one more kiss, i climb into my car and back out of the driveway, feeling rosie watching me the entire time. i wave one more time before i head off with a huge smile on my face and extremely excited for friday.

this is kind of boring but also kind of cute so i'll post it! i was trying to finish it last night but got too tired so here it is now :) thanks for 29K!