sick

for @forever_blink05! this is probably going to be really short because the writer's block is serious right now and i'm having trouble writing anything lol i'm sorry, hopefully i'll get my mojo back soon. love y'all!

waking up on sunday morning, i'm not surprised to notice that my nose is blocked, my body aches and my lungs are feeling heavy in my chest. i've been feeling like i was getting sick for a while and since the weather drastically changed from hot to cold in the last few days, it was bound to hit full on eventually. my immune system is weaker than a lot of other people i know so i get sick really easily and when i do it can be pretty bad. it seems like this time isn't as bad as it has been before, and luckily i know how to deal with the kind of illnesses i get, but it can still be pretty scary for both me and chaeyoung when it happens.

this is case once again when chaeyoung wakes up to see me shivering in bed and panic sets on her face. i'm quick to tell her that i'm fine but she doesn't believe me and rushes into the kitchen to get me a drink and some medication to take.

"what else do you need?" she asks when she returns. "are you cold, do you want a blanket? a wet towel for your forehead? a heat pack?"

it's sweet knowing that she wants to take care of me but i also don't like her to feel so worried about me. it makes me feel useless.

"a blanket would be nice," i say, mainly to make her feel better, but also because i am feeling pretty cold. she immediately heads to our blanket closet and grabs the thickest one we have. she  drapes it over me and i snuggle into it as she climbs back in beside me.

"you don't have to stay here with me," i mumble.

"don't be stupid," chaeyoung scoffs. "you're my girlfriend and you're sick so of course i have to stay with you. i don't want to be anywhere else."

"chae-"

"no, (y/n). you need to get over your aversion to having people help you. it's okay to have help and support when you feel sick. especially me because i love you and if we're going to be together for the rest of our lives, you're gonna have to get used to it."

i sigh, having trouble accepting her words. i know she's right but sometimes i just find it hard to accept that kind of help. i don't want to feel like a burden to anyone. so that's what i tell her. she immediately shakes her head, not ignoring my justification but letting me know i don't need to feel that way.

"i don't want you to ever think like that with me, okay? i will do anything for you happily because you just mean that much to me." she scoots down the bed to wrap me up in her arms then presses a gentle kiss on my forehead. i practically melt into her warmth, pressing my cold limbs against hers in order to warm up even faster. i feel her reach one arm out of our cocoon to grab something from her bedside table and when she brings it back i see our TV remote in her hand.

"now," she says. "we're going to lie in bed as long as it takes for you to feel better and watch some cute k-dramas."

i grin at that, loving the sound of it. she really does know exactly what makes me feel comfortable.

"that would be nice, thank you," i say. chaeyoung kisses my head again before turning the TV on and bringing me into an even tighter hug.

----

we both end up falling asleep at some point during our k-drama binge watching and i'm glad that by the time i wake up, i feel a lot better. i am, however, very sweaty as my fever has worn off so i desperately need a shower to feel fresher. i pull myself out of chaeyoung's arms as gently as possible then tiptoe into the bathroom so i don't wake her up.

it doesn't work as just as i step into the warm shower the curtain pulls back and chaeyoung joins me. i turn around to find her reaching out for our shampoo and quickly turn away again so she can rub it into my hair. we don't shower together that often - when we're both healthy it ends up not being much of a useful shower - but whenever we do, we like to take it in turns washing each other's hair. we think it's romantic and god does it feel nice having chaeyoung's soft fingers scratching against my scalp.

"feeling better, love?" she asks as she massages the shampoo into my hair.

"mmhmm," i reply. "thank you for looking after me."

"of course." once the shampoo is in, she grabs my arm and twists me around so i'm facing her. "do you think you feel okay enough to eat some lunch? we could order mcdonalds. i know you crave the nuggets when you're sick."

i grin and nod as i wrap my arms around her neck.

"i would love that," i say. she grins back and wraps her own arms around my waist as she pulls me into a kiss.

when we finally get out of the shower, clean and dusted pink from the heat, chaeyoung orders the food while i get our comfy spot set up on the couch.

as hard as it can be for me to accept help and love when i'm sick, i always end up feeling better when chaeyoung is around me. i'm so lucky to have her in my life.

hope you guys liked this!! also, just wanted to say...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K READS!! it means the absolute world to me that you guys read what i write and enjoy it. i hope you guys stick around because i'm not planning on stopping anytime soon!! thank you again, i love you all <3