Nutty

A/N: "honey" is high on the hallucinogenic nuts and confesses her love for John.

⚠️ WARNINGS ⚠️: no smut, fluff, drug use (???).

_•_•_

Something is in my bloodstream. I have no idea what's going on but this weight has been lifted off me. It actually feels pretty amazing. I feel so...calm. I don't know how to describe the relaxed feeling that's falling over me. The darkness of night seems a little lighter than it did before. I smile a little at the sensation filling me.

"Now that's something you don't see every day."

I turn to find John standing behind me. He's smirking at me. I think he's talking about my smile. I'm usually focussed on finding water and food but now all those things have been wiped from my brain. They're replaced with thoughts of how hot John looks right now. I don't normally notice but now my eyes are wandering his frame and I'm wanting him on top of me.

Without a thought, I place my hands on his chest and push him against a tree. I kiss him roughly, pressing myself into him. For a second, he kisses me back. It only lasts a second though.

He pushes me off him. "Woah. What are you doing?"

I whine, grabbing his neck and pulling his lips back to mine. My body presses into him but this time, he doesn't protest. His hands trail gently up my back, one tangling in my hair. Every touch feels enhanced somehow. I've made out with guys before but this feels a hundred times better. Maybe it has something to do with that calm feeling but I honestly don't care.

Before I have time to think about it, I'm saying, "I love you."

It's the truth too. I've loved him for years; I've just never told him before. Now he's pulling away again, looking at me with confused eyes. I don't have time for his confusion. I kiss him again, pulling him further over me with my hands on the back of his head.

"Woah. Honey, stop," he says, using his nickname for me.

"No," I say quickly, running my hands along his shoulders and then his chest. "I won't. I love you, John. I love you so much."

He shakes his head, looking down. "No, stop it. I don't want to hear that."

"I love you," I repeat, placing a kiss to his neck, then his jawline, then his chest.

He grabs my shoulders, dragging me off and making me pout. As he looks into my eyes, his go wide. He reaches his hand up to my eye as he pulls the skin away. I try to swat his hand away but then he goes to the next.

"I love you," I mumble, looking to the ground.

"Honey, your pupils are dilated," he says, frowning.

"I love you," I say again, wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my forehead on his chest.

He lets out a breath. "Alright. Time for bed."

He scoops me into his arms so he's carrying me like a bride. He walks toward my tent but I'm not paying attention. My head is resting gently on his shoulder as my eyes flutter open and closed. It's getting harder and harder to keep myself awake. It doesn't help when he lays me down on my makeshift bed. I notice him pulling the covers over me but I frown.

I stop him by grabbing his hand. "No-"

"You need to rest," he says.

"Stay," I request, meeting his eyes. "Please, stay."

He sighs, shaking his head. "I'm not having sex with you, sweetheart."

"Just...stay," I say, yawning between my words.