Chapter 30

Thursday, November 18th - 4:30 PM

[Y/N's P.O.V]

Ah, today... It was hard to stay composed all day, knowing that today is that day...

The day when my mom left me full anger, pain and questions, but she couldn't even answer those questions or make up for those displeasing feelings... Just like in a cliché movie, I didn't know that would have been my last time seeing her. As if it was yesterday, I remember the shock and agony I felt when she was gone. However, I also had had to watch my dad hold back his tears, so he could look strong. I lived all my life being appreciative, but just today... Just this once a year, I need to hate everything...

I only go to her grave once a year, just on this day because on other days I want to forget that she ceased to exist. I want to pretend that she is somewhere in another country with her other husband, rather than gone.

I wish I were ready to grow up without her...

[A/N P.O.V]

Y/N was packing her bags as her dad went out to her mom's memorial; she told him she'd go later because she knew he needed some alone-time. Tomorrow she had to fly to England, so with an aching heart, she was listening to sad songs as she packed. She enjoyed packing and picking clothes, maybe some people hated doing it, but she loved it.

She let out a sigh after she was done and threw herself on the bed. 'Crap' she muttered as she looked at the time and heard the door clicking downstairs. Yup, she was not ready to go and her dad is already back... Standing up and running to the bathroom with the speed of the light, Y/N created an all-black outfit in her mind. After brushing her hair, she wore her clothes, a buttoned-up black shirt and a tight black skirt. She matched them with a black jacket and her black flats.

"Dad, I'm going now! I'll come back in an hour, possibly an hour and a half, so don't worry. I'll have enough time to bid you goodbye!" she yelled as she dashed down the wooden stairs of her cosy house.

"Okay! Make sure to wear a scarf or something, it's really cold outside!" she stopped in her tracks, taking a breath before sprinting back to her room to grab the only scarf she had; a woolen beige scarf, it was her mom's, the only thing her mom had left behind.

Y/N strolled towards the nearby cemetery, where her mom was buried. Before walking into the cemetery, she stopped at a flower shop where she bumped into the people she was waiting for. "Y/N?" Jimin mumbled startled as he paid for the red roses. Y/N looked at the flowers in his hands, "Oh, I bought these because you once said you liked them..." without saying anything, Y/N clasped her arms around his waist as he caressed her hair, leaning his chin on her head.

"Oh! Y/N!" Jihoon rushed over to them as he gripped a bouquet of Hoary Stock flowers. She let go of the older twin's waist and gave him a weak smile before walking over to the cashier and buying her mom's favourite flowers.

Red Zinnia flowers...

The three of them stood in front of Y/N's mom's grave, a big, grey and thick stone forced into the ground as a name was carved on its very top - An Yuna. A picture of her was stuck into the rock, and even though Y/N has seen that picture several times her heart still clenched as she looked at it. It was the picture that Y/N took of her during a vacation on a bright and sunny day. Her mom wore her favourite straw hat and a beautiful white dress that exposed her shoulders.

As Y/N stared at the tomb she was petrified on her feet, keeping a great balance even though her feet kind of felt numb. To match her composed position, her face was emotionlessness. Jimin threw away the already brown and dried out flowers from last year; her dad must've forgotten to do so. Meanwhile, Jihoon squashed all of their flowers into that one vase, luckily he managed to fit them in it. Suddenly she dropped on her knees, startling both of the twins as they bent down to her length, wanting to make sure she was okay. Jimin's hand on her hand and Jihoon's on her cheek, both of them exhibiting their concern.

"Mom..." she whispered as a sob left her lips, "Why did you have to leave me like that? It's okay that you left me like that, but why also dad? You know he was also destroyed by your ceasing? Do you know that I was so stupid and selfish that I cried every day while dad held it in for me, so he wouldn't have given me any negative energy? I'm sure he came here and teared up! Why? Why did you do this?" she finally reached the point where the tears left her eyes, she's held it in for a whole year, so it's alright.

"Y/N, cry, okay? I know you need it. If we are making you uncomfortable we can-" Jimin was cut off by Y/N grabbing his hand and speaking,

"No, it's fine! Don't leave!" he nodded, "Mom?" she said in a shaky voice, "He is Park Jimin and he is his twin, Park Jihoon... They are awesome people, that just so happened to be part of my life. I wish you could've met them earlier..." a painful frown spread over Jimin's face as he felt and watched how she squeezed his hand tightly, digging her short nails into his skin. "Did you know that uncle got married to a famous violinist? Did you know I'm going to England for a trip tomorrow?"

The three of them stayed there together as Y/N kept talking to her mom and they just listened, her voice soothing their ears, but at the same time, her cries pained their hearts. She ended up falling asleep on Jimin's shoulder and he carried her to Jihoon's car to drive her home.

Jihoon rang the bell to Y/N's house to call her dad and he opened the door, "Hello Mr. An... Y/N fell asleep, so I didn't think that I should wake her up..." he nodded and walked to Jihoon's car, giving a small wave to Jimin before carrying Y/N to her room.

"Thank you for staying with her. Say that also to your brother!" her dad whispered and Jihoon smiled before jumping back into his car.

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜