Chapter 14

Friday, September 12th

That morning, Y/N waited for Jihoon at her locker, but she didn't see him at all. Soon, it was already time to head for her first class, P.E. As she grabbed her stuff from her locker, she noticed that Jimin had finally arrived. "Here you are! Where's your brother?" she asked as she watched him placing his books into his locker.

"He left the house twenty minutes earlier than me, he always does. Anyway, he said he had to talk about the basketball tournament with Yoongi and Taehyung. I heard that yesterday at dinner. Did you know that we have a running test today? Mr. Lee checked the weather and said it's really good, plus it's in the morning, it's refreshing." 

Y/N looked at him with a terrified look as she felt her heart getting heavy. P.E was a subject that she hates for many reasons, especially because of her lack of skills, so knowing that she had a test made her feel irritated. 

"We h-have a-a running t-test?" she stuttered, staring at him as if he were some undiscovered species of animal. Jimin just nodded and started walking away. "Jimin, wait up!" she ran towards him and grabbed his arm, clinging onto it, "Let's go together!" Y/N whined, making him giggle as they made their way to the changing rooms.

"Good morning class! As you probably know, today we'll be taking a running test! More precisely a hundred-meters running test. It's quite self-explanatory, but I'll give you instructions on it anyway. All you need to do is run a hundred meters and I'll write down how many seconds it took you to do so." 

Y/N groaned. She absolutely detested running. Meanwhile, for Jimin, it was diverting watching her being all annoyed and jittery as she was scared to come in the last place. Contrasting his friend, Jimin didn't mind having a running test, it could be delightful but also really boring to run, however, on that precise day, he did feel like running.

"Please line up into your respective tracks! Y/N stand in Lane 1, Jung Hoseok please stand in Lane 2, Namjoon in Lane 3, Yoonseok in Lane 4, Yoongi in Lane 5 and lastly, Seokjin please stand in Lane 6. All the rest, please stand behind someone in any lane, there should be 3-4 students per row." 

Jimin went to stand behind Y/N in Lane 1, giving her a boyish smile when seeing her grumpy expression. And after everyone was in a lane, the teacher blew the whistle and the first row of people sprinted. Jimin cheered for Y/N loudly, waving his arms in the air like a mad monkey.

"Go Y/N! You are doing so well! You are fourth, come on, come on! Run faster!" he shouted and Y/N simpered through the pain, trying to run as fast as she could even though she was out of breath. When all the first row had run the hundred meters, Mr. Lee announced their scores.

"Yoongi, first place, 7.58 seconds, fantastic! Jung Hoseok 8.25 seconds, good job! Namjoon 8.54 seconds, great job! Y/N, fourth place, 10.59 seconds, wow! That's an interesting score! Seokjin, fifth place with 11.21 seconds, well done! And in sixth place, we have Yoonseok with 12.52 seconds. It's okay you all did great, all your scores were really good! Next row, please!" 

Jimin stepped forwards and bent down, waiting for Mr. Lee's command. "Second row! On my count, ready, set, go!"

As soon as the sharp squeak of the whistle rang in Jimin's ears, he sprinted as fast as he could and just like he did for her, Y/N applauded for him. "Yes, Jimin, go! You are first, you got this! Dashi run, run, run!" 

He was the first to reach the end, and he was really tired. "Well done, Jiminie, you are the best!" Y/N clapped excitedly and Jimin smiled at her shyly as he squatted down, trying to catch his breath.

"Okay well done to the second row, here are your scores: first place, Park Jimin with 7.51 seconds. Second place, Kim Taehyung with 8.07 seconds. Third place with 9.47 seconds, Yoon Sora. Fourth place with 10.53 seconds, Lee Eunseop and at fifth place Jang Soomin with 13.11 seconds. Lastly, Soo Jaejun with 14.28 seconds! Good job to everyone! Seems like all of are pretty quick runners! Okay, let's get it third row!"