Chapter 10

Monday, September 8th

As always, Y/N had arrived at school betimes, experiencing the rare 'quietness' of the locker-hallway. Jihoon was usually early as well, so they'd spend their time talking with each other, their hearts soaring in happiness and pleasure. In the blink of an eye, the bell had rung and since it was Monday, Y/N's first class was sciences, meaning she and Jihoon had to be separated.

She entered the classroom and plopped next to her fellow desk-mate, Jimin with a sigh. "Do you come with your brother? Why don't I ever seen you in the morning?" she asked curiously as she never got a chance to spend some time with him in the morning, not that she minded doing so with Jihoon.

"We come separately because I just can't stand him. I am forced to get out a little later in case we make an encounter while making our way here. I already face so much vexatiousness and awkwardness at school, I don't want to do so when I am just trying to walk peacefully in the morning," Jimin replied monotonously, not bothering to hide the need to roll his eyes several times throughout his 'speech'.

"Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong?" Y/N frowned, thinking that his tone was a little odd as she placed her hand onto his shoulder. Yes, he was a stingy and cold dude, but he didn't just randomly give that flat tone to Y/N, just like that, for no reason. But Jimin simply grabbed her wrist, conveying gentleness whilst pushing it away slightly and nodded. "Are you sure?" she squinted his eyes, but he just nodded once again.

There was no further conversation between them as their teacher had stepped into the classroom, yelling for everyone to focus on her.

After science class was over, Y/N and Jimin proceeded to move on to their next class, English. Jimin felt annoyed at the thought that Jihoon would be there, and the fact that they were going to be sitting together wasn't much of a help either. He just couldn't stop thinking about Jihoon's bold confession during dinner, yet he didn't even know what were his actual feelings towards Y/N.

"Do you need to stop by your locker? I do have to go, so you can go ahead if you want." Y/N asked and Jimin shook his head as he had taken all his books earlier. She was getting more and more suspicious about him, something was just off. Or was she just overthinking it? 

Jimin couldn't understand his own feelings, from one side he wanted to cling onto Y/N like a baby, and from the other side, he wanted to let her be. But the problem was that if he lets her be, she's probably going to spend a lot of time with Jihoon, at the same time, if he clings onto her too much, It'll probably annoy her.

"I'll wait for you in class..." Jimin muttered as he watched her smile at him and run towards her locker. He started walking towards their English classroom when suddenly he saw Jihoon and Y/N hugging in front of their lockers. Jimin knew his brother liked Y/N, but he also knew, that maybe, just maybe he liked her as well. Though deep down he knew that Y/N probably liked Jimin. What would a sunshine like her do with a nonentity like him?

With a heavy sigh, he pulled the cap of his hoodie on, so it would cover his face even more. Just the sight of Jihoon made his blood boil, but it also made him feel insecure. 

"Hey, Jihoon! I had something I wanted to ask you..." Y/N said as she pulled away from him, "Why weren't you in art class on Friday? I had so much fun on Saturday that I completely forgot to ask you!"

"Oh, well about that... I was called by a teacher since I am a peer-helper, so we had a meeting at that time," he explained.

"What's a peer-helper? Do you get to skip classes if you are a peer-helper? How do I become one then?" she bounced excitedly, making Jihoon crack a laugh and pat her head.

"No, you get to only skip 'the trivial classes' such as art, P.E, and health. Peer-helpers are the people who are in charge of helping students by showing them locations that they are looking for, they help out new students or students like Kelly. You have to sign up for it at the begging of the year, but they also search for new peer-helpers after the Christmas holidays." 

Kelly was a student on the wheelchair and Y/N did remember that seeing Jihoon accompanying her to the elevator a couple of times. "Now, come on! Let's to class, unless you'd like to ditch school with me..." Jihoon sneakered cockily, but Y/N slapped his shoulder and ran to class.

"I would never!" she shouted as Jihoon smiled while holding onto his shoulder in pain and watched Y/N run towards Jimin. She head-locked him playfully as she jumped into the classroom and when he noticed his brother beaming more than ever, his heart dropped. 

After seeing Jimin, smiling with such jubilation, he felt as if he was doing something foul. He too, knew that both himself and Jimin liked her, but even though he knew, he wanted to pretend as if he didn't. 

Y/N sat in her seat, waiting for Jihoon to come, in the meantime, she talked to Jimin. "So we are going to your house on Friday?"

"Of course, that was the plan, right? One week at your house, the other at mine." 

She nodded and right at that moment, Jihoon came into the classroom, taking a seat next to Y/N. He noticed how Jimin straightaway went to his seat, avoiding him, which, of course, was nothing new to him.

The teacher sat at her desk and greeted everyone in English, "Good morning! So, today I wanted to tell you about a future trip that we'll have, most High Schools have these types of trips. It's not compulsory, however, we encourage every student to come! And to lure you guys into coming to the trip, we decided that we won't be going class by class, but we decided that all the seniors will be going. Basically, everyone in your school grade." 

Most people in the classroom cheered, including Jihoon. Only Jimin and Y/N didn't really care about mixing classes up as they had their 'catches' right there.

"Quiet down!" Ms. Kim grinned sheepishly at her happy class, "This is a trip to England, we'll go for a few days. Throughout the trip, we'll be doing activities related to our class, but you'll get some time off as well. This is also to help you with a project related to geography and history, your geography and history teachers will tell you more about it. It's a collaboration between English, History and Geography classes."

...

Y/N's next class was maths and she hated it, luckily for that class they actually didn't have to do much. They just did a bit of revision about what they had gone through in their last classes.

As she came out of her math classroom, she stretched her arms out with Jimin laughing at her expression beside her. "Ah! Finally lunchtime!" she exclaimed as she put her arms down. Jimin felt a bit worried since he didn't know if he should ask her to eat lunch with him. He didn't even realize that he was thinking so deeply that he had stopped walking.

"What are you thinking about? Aren't you going for lunch?"

"Aren't you eating with-" 

"Let's go!" Y/N grabbed his arm and dragged him to the cafeteria, ignoring his question. She didn't want to think about that, she just.. wanted to eat with Jimin.

Jihoon watched Y/N dragging him to the cafeteria, he felt two things at the same time. One is happiness, he was happy that Jimin had a friend, but at the same time, he hated the fact that out of all people, Y/N had to be that friend. Or maybe it was him... out of all people he had to 'choose' that 'friend' of Jimin's...

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜