Chapter 7

As soon as Jihoon disappeared into the crowd of all the leaving students, Jimin returned from the restroom and grabbed his backpack. "So, do you know a place where we can eat ice cream, or do you want me to take to one?" Y/N asked as they walked out of the school.

"I'm good with any place!" Jimin answered with a thumbs-up as an adorable smile coated his plump lips.

With that being said, she brought him to her favourite ice cream shop which wasn't far from their school. "For today, it is my treat as a small thank you for being my friend and for standing up for me." Jimin simpered as they entered the shop. When Y/N was about to reject his kind offer, he spoke up once again, interrupting her before she could even start her sentence. "Which flavours do you want?"

"Chocolate and mint chocolate..." she sighed in defeat with a small pout, making Jimin titter furtively.

"Are you a chocolate lover?" he questioned, feeling amused as he had found a similarity with her. It was something small and irrelevant, but it was lovely. If there was one thing that he'd look in a person who is close to him (which he never had before), that would be a similar taste in food. As ridiculous as it may sound, that was a point for someone who'd try to be close to him; but then again, he had no one. At least, not before Y/N since he was too stubborn to accept Jihoon.

"Yup!" Y/N replied with a beam, making Jimin's heart flutter. That was certainly a point for Y/N.

"Me too. Want some whipped cream on top?" he looked at the guy who was making their ice cream, placing a fat, chocolate ball on top of Y/N's cone. She nodded, so he nodded at the man, indicating that they both wanted some whipped cream on top of their ice creams.

Once the man behind the bar had handed them two cones, Jimin turned to the cashier desk and opened his wallet while trying not to drop his ice cream. Y/N chuckled at the comic yet winsome sight before grabbing his cone with her free hand. "Thanks," he smiled at her before walking closer to the girl behind the cash desk.

"Two cones please, one with chocolate and mint chocolate. The other's with chocolate and strawberry, both with whipped cream." Jimin explained as he took out 16,000 Won (approximately 15 dollars). "Thanks, how much is it?"

"You got it right, 16,000 Won," she gave Jimin a bright simper as she accepted the money and placed them into a drawer. "Thank you! Have a nice day!" the elder woman waved at Jimin and Y/N as they gave her a bow in return.

"Thank you, Jimin!" Y/N thanked him once they began sauntering around the park outside the ice cream shop. The park was vast, and it stretched up to a few blocks before Y/N's house. Jimin shook his head, biting his ice cream as he looked around the park; he had never been there before. At some point, they realized that they were holding hands, but they both decided to keep quiet about it, covertly relishing the warmth of the other's hand.

The birds chirped faintly as the sounds of kids shouting, running and playing around were audible. A light breeze blew through their hair as they took in the pulchritudinous view of the diverse nature around the park such as the tall trees and the ravishing bushes of red, white, yellow and pink roses.

Y/N's gaze landed on a small basketball court, noticing two very, very familiar figures dribbling their orange basketball. The two guys stopped sprinting around and smirked as they eyes met hers, making Y/N freak out a little and turn to look to the other side.

On the other hand, Jimin didn't seem to have noticed the all-smug guys staring at him and his fellow companion as if they were preys. He was rather lost within the scrumptious sky shining brightly with white clouds and a radiating, yellow sun. Seeing the usually cautious boy simply eat his ice cream while analyzing his surrounds, made her feel so serene.