Chapter 15

After Y/N and Jimin pulled away from their hug, Jihoon decided to leave unnoticed before he'd do something irrational again. He ran downstairs and since he was a pretty quick runner he reached his class quickly. The people on the last floor (where the seniors are) have to wait for the people on the first, second and third floor to evacuate first and then they can go, that's why Jihoon made it on time. He made sure to push himself in front of the line where he was before with Y/N and stand next to Taehyung, so she wouldn't be suspicious. 

Exactly ten seconds before the senior-year people exited the school from the main entrance, Jimin and Y/N reached them, placing themselves at the very end of the line. Once all the High School classes/students, teachers, staff, directors, cleaners and medics were sitting down on the field, the school principal grabbed a mic and raised his hand up; it was a signal for the students to be quiet.

"Dear students, teachers, staff and workers of our large community, as a director I'm deeply sorry about this incident. We have not gotten any notice about the incident because the firemen aren't here yet. We can't confirm whether this was a false alarm or not. After we get an answer, we'll inform you, for now, we'll wait for a maximum of thirty minutes, please keep quiet in the meantime. If it takes longer than thirty minutes, the students will be sent home, either by buses or we'll call your parents for you in case you'll be unable to get your phones. The tech department is already sending out messages to all student's parents, telling them to get ready for the possibility of picking you up."

After fifteen minutes, the school director got a call, and then he grabbed his mic again. "Dear all, I have good news, it was a false alarm!" everyone cheered, feeling relieved, mostly because no one wanted to lose their phones, "We'll inform your parents that it was a false alarm and investigate as to why the alarm went off. Since it's lunchtime, you can also inform your parents personally with your phones. Please follow your teachers back into the school, freshman and sophomore years may head first into the building, then juniors and seniors! Once again, my deepest apologies for cutting off your classes." the director announced and bowed to the big crowd.

"Well damn! It's great it was just a false alarm..." Y/N sighed in relief and Jimin hugged her as Jihoon watched them, his eyes burning with jealousy.

"You must've been scared! thank you for thinking about me. To be honest, I'm a bit slow-witted, so I probably would've gotten on fire; if there would've been an actual fire!" Jimin had his arms still wrapped around Y/N's waist when they pulled away, so she slapped his chest really hard, "Ouch! what was that for!?!" he squeaked like a little kid.

"Are you crazy! Don't joke like that, you idiot!" he laughed and hugged her again, "I was really scared! I even ditched Jihoon for you," she said, suddenly feeling bad for leaving him alone,

'He must've been worried' she thought.

"So you ditched Jihoon just for me?" he had a victorious smirk on his face and she pushed him away before getting up, "I need to talk to Jihoon, wait for me in the garden, okay?" Jimin nodded, even though he felt as she was ditching him now, he didn't really feel anything else but annoyance. He felt as if it was fair enough for her to talk to him, after all, compared to Jihoon, Jimin didn't want her to unfriend him. He just wanted to win her heart, and he felt as if he was closer than Jihoon at doing so.

"Hey, Jihoon, I'm really sorry for leaving you alone. It's just that I was really worried about Jimin." Jihoon smiled charmingly at Y/N which made her heart skip a beat, that smile was able to do unknow things to her heart.

"It's alright, I'm a terrible brother! I should've gone to find him, but you went instead!" he pretended to be upset, and he kind of hated himself for this. He hated the fact that he was lying to Y/N's smiling face, who's trusting him for no reason. He completely detested how he always tried to make things worse between Y/N and Jimin, but he really gained nothing but guilt from it. He wanted to hurt Jimin and get Y/N at least, but he hurt Jimin and got guilt. Didn't he learn from his previous lesson? He's known for being the nice twin, then what the hell is going on with him? Why was he being so cruel to Y/N, Jimin and even himself?

What has happened to his generosity, kindness, honesty and integrity?

"No, you aren't! It's okay to be flustered in such situations! Next time we can look for him together, okay?" she was comforting him, and he was shameless enough to take it, so he nodded. He had enough shame to accept a hug from her, he felt terrible but at the same time, he wanted to be selfish.

Jihoon and Y/N walked together to their lockers. She got her phone out and texted her dad telling him that she's okay, so did Jihoon. Jimin arrived last to his locker, "Oh, you are here!" she said as she waited for him to text his mom, even though he thought it would be useless. Why would she care anyway?

"Are you eating lunch with Jimin?" Jihoon asked with a fake smile never reached his eyes. Y/N did notice something weird about his smile, but she decided not to ask anything and just nodded. She thought he must've been upset that he didn't help his brother, and she admired that. She didn't know the truth though; she admired Jihoon's genuine beaming, but what she didn't know, was that Jihoon isn't as genuine as he seemed.

Jihoon hated his own hypocrisy, but what could he do?

There were a lot of things that he could do, such as try not to push Y/N away from Jimin, just like Jimin is doing, and to actually win her heart honestly. But he did absolutely nothing and pretended as if there were no other solutions...

When will he realize that that's not how he's gonna get to Y/N?

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜