十三 | 𝟏𝟑𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

Start from the beginning

The two of you finally approached the other floor, noticing Tohru being surrounded by a familiar group of boys from the Sohma family. While Kyo stood by her side, scolding Momiji for his poor taste in clothing, Haru was off to the side. You stared at him with a blank expression, finding his blinged-out look to be too out of place in the classroom. You wondered if it was a strange inherited trait in the Sohma family to have poor taste in clothing. The black and white-haired boy tilted his head, noticing Yuki's presence as he walked closer to him, gripping his sides childishly.

"Sheesh, I can't believe you're wearing that Momiji. Haru, you too." Yuki said, the white-haired male staring at him, clearly tuning him out for a moment.

"Yuki-kun, (Y/n)-kun, are you both done with committee work?" You raised your eyebrow, noticing the sudden change in the way Tohru addressed Yuki. She was actually calling him by his given name for once. Perhaps they really did get much closer in the past couple of days. You gave her a forced smile.

The tinge of sadness poked at your heart, but you couldn't understand why.

"We were just doing our rounds at school. It was a coincidence that we met up with you," you replied, watching as she grinned. She still had that typical airheaded nature of hers that distracted her from fully understanding the situation. In a way, you felt a bit jealous of her as well.

"Hey, Tohru! Guess what? I got told not to run around or horseplay at school because I might crash into a girl! So while I'm at school, I'm gonna play it cool!" Momiji added, gathering the rest of the groups' attention onto you, the outsider who heard this suspicious line.

"Cool? Is that outfit cool?" Kyo shouted back.

"Your dubiousness is justified, Sohma Kyo of Class 2-D! Your orange hair bothers me, but a boy wearing a girl's uniform is unprecedented! Brazen! Shameless!" The brown-haired upperclassman with his other council members stood beside him. "The teachers may allow it, but I will not! For I am student council president Takei Makoto!"

You and Yuki facepalmed, trying not to get involved in this strange situation you were both tangled up in. More specifically, Yuki, as this was his entire family being criticized underneath the student council president.

"Another idiot appears," Haru comments.

Takei raised his voice, stepping just a few feet away from Haru's face, "Just what do you think you're doing, Sohma Hatsuharu? Your hair is white! And you're practically jangling with jewelry. The audacity!"

"President Takei, that's his natural hair." Yuki clarified, holding up his hand to create distance between him and his cousin.

"Oh, Yuki-kun! (L/n)-san! How nice to see you both! But more important, natural?! Part of it is black!" Takei's eyes seemed to have grown into hearts as he looked at both of you, finally acknowledging your presence. Your eyes twitched slightly in annoyance.

"Even so. . ." Yuki continued.

"I don't believe it! It goes against common sense!" He retorted, getting even closer to Haru's face to examine his features. "Now what's the meaning of your appearance? Is that your natural self, eh, Sohma Momiji?! Have you no male pride? If you're like this at your age, your life is on the fast track to failure!"

"But. . . but this uniform looks better on me!" Momiji's eyes began to tear up as you pressed your lips together into a frown.

You sighed, walking up closer to the group as you separated him from Momiji with your arm, "President Takei, you shouldn't be making such bold assumptions about someone who just transferred in. This is extremely rude, don't you think?"